Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other vegan forums and blabla vegans?

Options
  • 22-09-2017 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello there irish vegans!(and non vegans)
    I'm a Swedish vegan trying out a forum for the first time.
    I searched for a Swedish one first, but couldn't really find one that i liked.
    So I thought that i could just as well practice my english on a english speaking/writing one(which I'm already regretting!! had no idea how difficult it is to spell!!aaarrghh), and also ask if anyone knows any good/fun vegan ones out there. Please excuse my English!
    Also I'm a ethical vegan and not super interested in that health diet vegan stuff.

If someone wants help me improve my english you aro so very very welcome to contact me! I could totally teach you some not so cool(i'm mean very cool) Swedish in return:silly:

Best regards from Sweden!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

veganswede wrote: »
    Hello there irish vegans!(and non vegans)
    I'm a Swedish vegan trying out a forum for the first time.
    So I thought that i could just as well practice my english on a english speaking/writing one(which I'm already regretting!! had no idea how difficult it is to spell!!aaarrghh), and also ask if anyone knows any good/fun vegan ones out there. Please excuse my English!
    Also I'm a ethical vegan and not super interested in that health diet vegan stuff.

If someone wants help me improve my english you aro so very very welcome to contact me! I could totally teach you some not so cool(i'm mean very cool) Swedish in return:silly:

Best regards from Sweden!

Hi veganswede - welcome to boards. I was in Sweden in 2008 - can’t say I found it very vegan at the time :-D hopefully that has changed!

This forum has become quiet of late - plenty of tumbleweed rolling round :-) hopefully we can keep it alive.

All the best from Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2 veganswede

Hi Henryporter!
    Thank you very much and thanks for your reply! Finally something happened this quiet night.
    Wow that was a long time ago, I can't remeber how it was (I wouldn't have known what a vegan was back then), less vegan than Ireland?
    Where in Sweden did you go? I hope it wasn't to bad!
    I truly believe that there is a lot of change happening now , but i might just be imagining!
    It's not "very vegan" though... YET:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Are there vegan restaurants, how are things in supermarkets? Do you find it ok?

Hi Henryporter!
    Thank you very much and thanks for your reply! Finally something happened this quiet night.
    Wow that was a long time ago, I can't remeber how it was (I wouldn't have known what a vegan was back then), less vegan than Ireland?
    Where in Sweden did you go? I hope it wasn't to bad!
    I truly believe that there is a lot of change happening now , but i might just be imagining!
    It's not "very vegan" though... YET:D

Hi again veganswede - I was in Stockholm mainly so relied on Indian and eating a lot of bread :-D That was back in 2009 so I'm sure things have improved since then. I really enjoyed the city though - great sights, really nice people, great nightlife!

Ireland seems to be in the middle of a vegan surge at the moment, with lots of food stalls and a couple of restaurants popping up - we even have a vegan pizza food stall from our local town (Dundalk - an hour from Dublin), so things are looking up.

Hi again veganswede - I was in Stockholm mainly so relied on Indian and eating a lot of bread :-D That was back in 2009 so I'm sure things have improved since then. I really enjoyed the city though - great sights, really nice people, great nightlife!

Ireland seems to be in the middle of a vegan surge at the moment, with lots of food stalls and a couple of restaurants popping up - we even have a vegan pizza food stall from our local town (Dundalk - an hour from Dublin), so things are looking up.

Is the vegan pizza stall a permanent fixture ?

Where is it ?

• Advertisement

Is the vegan pizza stall a permanent fixture ?

Where is it ?

It's mobile - they used to set up at the Spirit Store in Dundalk at weekend's until the harbour master ran them. Other than that if you check out Dark Horse Pizza you will find them. They also sell vegan lunches during the week in the Dundalk area - either delivered or through a few shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

How is veganism generally in Sweden - I don't mean the forums but availability and acceptance?

I always regarded Swedish people as really sensible so please tell me veganism is prevalent there!

Advertisement