Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homework vs Study

Options
  • 22-09-2017 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Im a sixth year student and i am having problem finding time to study.
    I spend all evening when i come home from school doing homework and by the time its done i have no time to study. Therefore the only study i do is at the weekend(after all my homework is done)
    I am doing 7 HL subjects and i am doing well in them so feel it would be a waste to drop to OL in any (also considering i am aiming for high points!)

Any advice on how to find more time to study..or somehow get the homework done faster?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dylanw2u

Essentially homework is study, however I know what you mean since I'm also doing my leaving cert this year. The pressure teachers put on you to do homework is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. I'll be honest, to me homework is most definitely not helpful, mainly because it consumes so much time and leaves little to not time left for study. I rush through my homework extremely fast and give it little effort, and this gives me much more time to study, usually about 4 hours. And I can honestly say that for me; study is most definitely more beneficial, my class tests so for have been up to the H1-H2 standard and I have also informed my teachers personally that I'm not focusing on homework as much as it isn't as effective for me, they understood (mainly because my grades have been proving I'm studying effectively and not just being lazy). So whatever works for you really.

Advertisement