Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game appearing in Ready to Install - never bought it

Options
  • 22-09-2017 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi All

Bit of a strange one here - was trawling through my Ready to Install list last night (seeing what games I had forgotten I owned :)). Anyway I came across Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered - the standalone game. Now I know I did not buy that game - even checked my emails and MS account to track purchase history. I bought my Xbox One new and do not have account sharing enabled.

Anyway I thought I'd investigate further and started downloading it (70+ gigs!!) - checked before I went to work and was able to start the campaign mode - tried multiplayer but as download was only 70% complete it wouldn't let me in. Will check again when I get home for lunch.

So the question is - has this ever happened to anyone - where you apparently get a game for free?? And if I do not report the error would MS come down hard on something like this when I start playing it regularly?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did you buy CoD: Infinite Warfare? (Or whatever the last one was)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

No - wouldn't have had much interest in it to be honest. Played MW to death back in the day so looking forward to taking this one for a spin. Just curious to know how something like this could have happened and if anyone else has experienced similar.

It might be when I get home for lunch my activity this morning may have been registered and I'll be prevented from playing it :confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's very strange then. The game came with Infinite Warfare so I thought maybe you had that and didn't realise it came with it.

Only other possibilities I can think of are there's another account logged in on the xbox that owns the game or the game is free to play for the weekend for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Yeah I was thinking the same re a Free Weekend but nothing came up when I googled it. Will let you know how it progresses. Gonna sit tight with it and give it a blast over the weekend - can't imagine my skills are going to be up to much good after all this time. More an RPG / adventure gamer these days

Advertisement