Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returns Policy on Underwear

Options
  • 21-09-2017 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

This is probably going to be a weird one. I was in the states earlier in the year with a few mates and I we went to an underwear shop and bought some stuff. One of my friends decided she didn't like some of the knickers she got and decided she wanted to return them. My initial reaction was "Don't be ridiculous, of course you can't return knickers!".

They let her.

Not only did they accept them without a blink of an eye but the store in question had changing rooms where you could bring in knickers and try them on, there were no hygiene strips on them and no way for the store to know whether or not you had tried them on over your own knickers.

I think this is unbelievably gross and it has put me off ever shopping there again! You can catch pubic lice from sharing clothes and bedsheets. This store's policy could literally infect you with an STD! This is a big, popular brand! It had me thinking, do all shops allow this?!? In shops like penneys and new look you always see stands with pants on display and they're not in packets, are you allowed try them on? Can you return them?

I know it's weird but I'm just curious to know if this is normal and what other shop's policies are (and which ones to avoid!).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Kayshee123

I think this is ridiculous. Most places I've been there has been signs up saying they don't accept returns on underwear. If I knew a shop was doing that I wouldn't buy there again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's likely they aren't resold - US customer service often goes too far for the customer and accepting return to write off isn't unheard of

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DanyTargaryen

Thanks for the replies. What about the changing rooms though? I can't remember back to how attentive they are regarding taking the stuff back off you, they could get written off to but then again, you're not a paying customer yet so why would they let you bring in 5/6 products to try on if they don't know whether you're going to buy anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

I guess it's the same for swimwear. I've often seen people come out of their changing room to look in the full length mirrors wearing swimsuits. It's obvious they don't have underwear on underneath.

I always wash new underwear on hottest wash i can before wearing them (and swimwear) for this reason.

I mean, stores can *ask* that underwear be worn when trying stuff on, but there is no way they can check or insist. (who would want that job??)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Thanks for the replies. What about the changing rooms though? I can't remember back to how attentive they are regarding taking the stuff back off you, they could get written off to but then again, you're not a paying customer yet so why would they let you bring in 5/6 products to try on if they don't know whether you're going to buy anything?

Yeah you wouldn't know wtf is going on in there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 DanyTargaryen

redcup342 wrote: »

Yeah you wouldn't know wtf is going on in there :pac:

Oh christ, that made me laugh :P

Advertisement