Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What money allowances are available for QQI level 5?

Options
  • 21-09-2017 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I am currently doing a level 5 in my town. Its around 25 hours plus a week and because I live with my partner I am getting the qualified adult rate of €128 a week plus a €4 euro food allowance as the course is covered under the ETB/SOLAS crowd. I am not a man to look for monetary value but is there any other allowances or grants or financial help to do a course like this? I wasn't forced by the social welfare to do this course I chose to do it as there is no employment in my town as I looked back in April at over 150 places for work and there is nothing in the town. I want to better myself and get more qualifications behind myself and use this as a stepping stone for 3rd level education. If anyone knows any ideas on what I can do would appreciate it.

Advertisement