Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone been down the Express Entry Route?

Options
  • 21-09-2017 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I am looking to go down the Express Entry Route for permanent residency in Canada. From the checking the quiz they provide on the immigration website, it would appear i am eligible.

In relation to documents that i will need to provide and proof of funds, i am wondering at what stage of the application will these be required?

It is necessary to have all documents at the ready before I submit an application or is it that these are only required once I get an "invite to apply"?

In relation to proof of funds also, the minimum monies required for one individual making a lone application such as myself is 12,500 Canadian Dollars which is roughly 8,500 euros. I do not have this amount to my name at the moment but will have it in 6 months without issue. Again, do i need proof of having these funds right now when having my application submitted to the pool of names or do i only need it if i get an "invite to apply"

Thanks.... Cannot find this info anywhere on the website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

To get into the pool, you only need to have English test results and education assessed. All the rest comes after you get ITA (you have 90 days from ITA to submit the application).

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

To get into the pool, you only need to have English test results and education assessed. All the rest comes after you get ITA (you have 90 days from ITA to submit the application).

mmmmm....My main concern is that it will be approx 6 months before I have the required amount of money to satisfy the minimum financial requirements and if I am to enter the pool now for example and get an invitation to apply relatively quickly, that I will then only have 90 days to gather the rest of the funds which will be impossible, any may lead to having to forfeit the application.

The other option is to delay entering the pool for another few months until I am at least a maximum of 90 days away from having the required funds and then enter the pool to avoid any potential problems. Only issue with this option is that I wait for another few months until I am closer to having the total funds is that, there is always the potential that I`ll just sit and sit and sit in the pool and not receive an invite to apply (again if i am successful) for a long time, which would not to be great considering I am aiming to go over by next summer.

Tough choices.....

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Get gathering your education documents as soon as possible. It took 8 weeks for DIT to furnish mine, and now I'm waiting for WES to asses them, made the application on August 16th and it was finally updated today to say expected completion October 12th. At that point I can finally create my profile.
    Book an English test soon as well, they fill up quickly. I went up North to do mine as I waned to get the application in, I didn't realise how long the education assessment would take.

kellsred wrote: »
    Get gathering your education documents as soon as possible. It took 8 weeks for DIT to furnish mine, and now I'm waiting for WES to asses them, made the application on August 16th and it was finally updated today to say expected completion October 12th. At that point I can finally create my profile.
    Book an English test soon as well, they fill up quickly. I went up North to do mine as I waned to get the application in, I didn't realise how long the education assessment would take.

That`s great thanks. Thankfully I have all educational certs to hand from any universities I attended.

I`m only starting to look into all this now. Who do they have to be assessed by and what is the fee to have them assessed? Do they also need to be certified by the police or courts before they can be assessed?

Also, there seems to be an option of three different language tests to do. It would appear as an Irish citizen and native english language speaker that we have the option of doing two: The CELPIP or the IELTS. Which do most people do? Do native English speakers actually study for these tests to make sure they secure high scores or do they just go to the test center having never looked at any materials?

Has anyone considered the Provincial Nominee Program for Express Entry?

I had a look at how points are allocated to individual`s applications within the Express Entry pool of names and it seems that you gain 600 points for being eligible for the Provincial Nominee Program which puts you at a massive massive advantage for being called from the pool of names.

It seems the be the one points category that lets you pick up a massive amount of points to put towards your application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

subscriber wrote: »
    That`s great thanks. Thankfully I have all educational certs to hand from any universities I attended.

I`m only starting to look into all this now. Who do they have to be assessed by and what is the fee to have them assessed? Do they also need to be certified by the police or courts before they can be assessed?

There's a list of organisations who can assess education. Most people used WES but the wait times can fluctuate. You'll have to get in touch with your college anyway as they will need to send transcripts directly to the assessment body.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp
    Also, there seems to be an option of three different language tests to do. It would appear as an Irish citizen and native english language speaker that we have the option of doing two: The CELPIP or the IELTS. Which do most people do? Do native English speakers actually study for these tests to make sure they secure high scores or do they just go to the test center having never looked at any materials?

CELPIP is only available in Canada, so IELTS might be your only choice.
    subscriber wrote: »
    Has anyone considered the Provincial Nominee Program for Express Entry?

I had a look at how points are allocated to individual`s applications within the Express Entry pool of names and it seems that you gain 600 points for being eligible for the Provincial Nominee Program which puts you at a massive massive advantage for being called from the pool of names.

It seems the be the one points category that lets you pick up a massive amount of points to put towards your application.

If you can get a job offer then this is a good way to go. The only province that doesn't require a job offer for PNP is Ontario (I believe), but their PNP costs $1500 and can add significant processing time (you have to get PNP nomination, then get the 600 points, then get ITA, then submit PR application).

There's a list of organisations who can assess education. Most people used WES but the wait times can fluctuate. You'll have to get in touch with your college anyway as they will need to send transcripts directly to the assessment body.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

CELPIP is only available in Canada, so IELTS might be your only choice.

If you can get a job offer then this is a good way to go. The only province that doesn't require a job offer for PNP is Ontario (I believe), but their PNP costs $1500 and can add significant processing time (you have to get PNP nomination, then get the 600 points, then get ITA, then submit PR application).

Thanks for all that...I done a wealth of research today and it seems that the only option for me to have any potential of getting an invite to apply for permanent residency through express entry is to be successful in obtaining one of the provincial nominee programs.

I had a look at the breakdown of points allocated for applications and although I have yet to do the language test and have my educational certs assessed, I am estimating that ill be coming out with only between 300-340 points on my application which is pretty p**s poor points scoring unfortunately. I looked at how many points the lowest scoring applicants (who received an invite to apply) held over the last 10 rounds of offers and on average this was 440 points. ...And that was the lowest scoring!!!!!! I cant see how anyone like myself with only between 300-330 points will ever get an invite.

In relation to receiving an offer of employment to satisfy the provincial nominee program, this also seems a distant dream as even while using "Job Bank" to search for available jobs, I just cant see any Canadian employer giving a letter of acceptance for a job if they know it`s gonna take you 6-9 months of you applying to the immigration authorities before arriving for the work contract. It seems a bit of a meaningless option as a route to PR. How many are actually successful at pursuing this route?? I would imagine very little unless I am missing something here?.....Yet it seems to be advertised as one of the main routes to PR?

I had a look at satisfying the requirements for provincial nominee in BC today also and would not be able to meet the requirements for that either as although I have 5 years experience in a previous career to the one I am now, I would have to work in that sector which I can no longer do as it involved manual handling and I have a previous lower back injury. Also, I now only have less than 6 months in my new profession and I believe that the requirements for most of the province`s provincial nominee programs require you to have a minimum of two years in the profession that you will work within when you arrive in Canada.

Anyway.....I must have a look at the PNP for Ontario tommorow to what i can see....

Advertisement