Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RST Adventure 3 Jacket Opinions

Options
  • 21-09-2017 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking at replacing my old Richa jacket with something new. Needs to be able to do pretty much everything that the Richa did. It has to be waterpoof obviously, warm when need be, but also with enough vents for the odd warm day. I'd prefer if the waterproof liner could be taken out to avoid that sticking to me on a proper hot day.

The RST Adventure 3 jacket stands out as one worthy of a lot of consideration and seems to get great reviews as a great quality piece of kit.

Has anyone here got one, and if so, what do you make of it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've the RST Adventure II. It's great ... but ..... in heavy rain, you can feel the water running down the waterproof layer. You may not get wet, but you do feel wet.

When the rain is really heavy, I prefer to put on a rain layer outside the jacket.

Otherwise, it's a brilliant set of gear. Great for cold (warm layer), great for summer (loads of vents), and comfortable and protective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Fabio

Interesting pointer there thanks very much!

My Richa Sky jacket is a three layer type but I've never felt the water running down the waterproof layer inside the outer liner...

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Good jacket and I've the trousers as well, never got wet in them but only wear them on the coldest days now, wore them in oct/nov last year and they are very very warm, I think I was sweating at times on the way to work last november :)

Advertisement