Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed to sell shares quickly

Options
  • 21-09-2017 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi - need some boards advice.
    I hold a share certificate in an Irish bank that I want to dispose of quickly, however, I'm living in the US with no brokerage accounts or anything set up.
    Any recommendations on how to sell the paper certificate quickly and dispose of the shareholding?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I have heard that Campbell O' Connor allow individuals to dispose of physical shares, however they're not cheap (I think the fee is €50).

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

The registrar may well have a dealing service whereby they can sell the shares for you without having to setup an account ..
    Find out who the registrar is and give them a bell..

If it's bank of Ireland shares , the registrar is computershare.
    http://www.computershare.com/ie/contact
    Last time I looked into this( roughly 2 years ago) they offered a share dealing service.

Advertisement