Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport T1 Lost + Found Help Please

Options
  • 20-09-2017 9:07pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Firstly apologies as I am sure this is not the forum for my post but I am really hoping that somebody could help me or more to the fact my wife.

She travelled to London today from T1 and after passing through security she must have not pick up her watch from the x-ray bin. She only noticed after she landed in London.

She straight away went on the lost and found website to log a ticket and I rang and left a voicemail on the number provided. She has landed back in Dublin just now and nothing in lost and found. She is devastated as you can imagine as it was my present to her for her 40th Birthday and was very sentimental not to mention very very expensive.

Do you think that the DAA would review their security cameras as I am sure at security and x-ray they must have serious security cameras ideally to reply her movement through the security area.

Any help guys would be so appreciated and I would pay a reward for any help.

Kindest regards,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Best advice, get on to Joe Duffy and "kick up a stink"!

I recall a few years ago that he got great traction when a guy had his wallet robbed at the security check in Malaga Airport AGP.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Apart from Joe any other ideas guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

TCP/IP wrote: »

If it's that expensive and sentimental any chance you could go to the airport and speak to someone

Sounds to me like someone has picked it up and gone off with it, which is pretty bad

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

TCP/IP wrote:

Did you try speaking to customer service at the airport?

The airport is still your friend in this, most likely another passenger collected watch.

You're relying on compassion from someone here, it'll cost time (i.e. money) to review security tapes, and if it is seen to be another passenger picking it up, I'm not sure what they can do. Technically, they wouldn't have stolen it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

. Technically, they wouldn't have stolen it .

Yes they would have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Yes they did.

They found something. No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

No, its not a case of finders keepers. Its theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ah, someone from the old 'Finders Keepers' brigade

If someone picks up and takes something that's not theirs then it's theft

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Theft by finding. Common law offence re-iterated in civil law at least twice in Ireland and people have been convicted of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I would argue that taking something off an airport security thing is not finders keepers, it's not like a 50 note which blew away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

You are right in saying that there is extensive CCTV in that area and I know of several cases of people taking stuff from trays and if it got reported at that time the Airport Police are great at finding the person who took the item.

If it is after the fact I am sorry to say it will be very hard to track that person. The Airport Police will do all they can, including review any CCTV they can to help. I have seen them do this on a good few times so they know what to look for. Your best bet will be to report is to them as a suspected theft and they will take it from there.

This is more common than you think in airports everywhere. I always put everything I can into my bag at security, especially smaller valuable items.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

No harm reporting the loss to the Gardaí at Dublin Airport. Someone may have handed it in to a Station outside the airport...i.e. Santry...long shot I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭trellheim

DAA do a lost property website - look at the amount of IPADs handed in .... people do actually hand in valuable stuff you know
    Airport police do lost and food.
    I must ask for a menu next time I see them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

trellheim wrote: »
    DAA do a lost property website - look at the amount of IPADs handed in .... people do actually hand in valuable stuff you know

I must ask for a menu next time I see them

Way to hard to bust into an iPad.

Now a nice watch that's a different matter!

Advertisement