Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one second hand prices

Options
  • 20-09-2017 7:35am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was looking at picking up an Xbox one
    I priced them up online and in Irish stores

I popped onto adverts to see if second hand deals were available. I was surprised to notice that there is very little difference in cost,

With the risk associated with second hand units I can't see a reason to get a secondhand one.

Am I missing something on specs, are they that solid that they hold their value or are they not selling on adverts

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm not all up to date with the prices lately, but there's a new version of the Xbox One coming out in November (the Xbox One X), which seems to be driving down prices of the One S. There's a good chance that the Xboxs up on Adverts were put up before the drop in price in stores, as it's pretty recent.

Just general advice as well: Get an Xbox One S rather than an Xbox One, it's a much nicer unit all over.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you're willing to wait there will likely be good deals on the likes of Amazon come Black Friday. I picked up a PS4 with 2 games and a controller for about 200 on Prime Day and the Xbox was available for the same price.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Thanks all , I'll wait till November

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

This thread helps me too as my Xbox One has started taking to overheating when I am playing certain games, even if I'm playing them offline.
    Was thinking if I should see about getting it repaired or just get a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I actually got my 2nd hand One in Belfast during a sale in Game, was a good deal to start with plus the sterling rate was great at the time, it was just after the release of the S. I might upgrade to an S but there was a good €150 in the difference for me at the time. I've had no problems with it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I actually got my 2nd hand One in Belfast during a sale in Game, was a good deal to start with plus the sterling rate was great at the time, it was just after the release of the S. I might upgrade to an S but there was a good €150 in the difference for me at the time. I've had no problems with it at all.

There is a good deal in Gamestop next Friday week 29th. Where you can trade in a Xbox one with 69.99 and get a brand new Xbox One S and Fifa 18 and a jersey. I don't know if Fifa is a code or a physical disc as if I was getting the deal I would trade in the game in the likes of Cex.

Just a heads up in case you didn't see the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

There is a good deal in Gamestop next Friday week 29th. Where you can trade in a Xbox one with 69.99 and get a brand new Xbox One S and Fifa 18 and a jersey. I don't know if Fifa is a code or a physical disc as if I was getting the deal I would trade in the game in the likes of Cex.

I hate Fifa but that sounds like a great deal regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

PRETTY sure that is a physical copy of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

SeanHarty wrote: »
    PRETTY sure that is a physical copy of the game

Some stores are giving digital codes as they ran out of physical copies

Some stores are giving digital codes as they ran out of physical copies

Ah I see.... dunno if id be happy with that or not with the unit only having 500gb's of storage 40-50gb's on fifa and it wouldn't be long gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

You can sell digital codes on adverts etc easily

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Ah I see.... dunno if id be happy with that or not with the unit only having 500gb's of storage 40-50gb's on fifa and it wouldn't be long gone.

You'll have to install FIFA anyway so its the same thing really i think?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    You can sell digital codes on adverts etc easily

plenty forza codes on adverts!

You'll have to install FIFA anyway so its the same thing really i think?

*FacePalm*

ignore everything I just said and carry on. :pac::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Still running an Xbox 360 ( *hangs head in shame).

Was thinking of upgrading to Xbox1 for the kids , should I hold off so for Xbox 1X?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Was thinking of upgrading to Xbox1 for the kids , should I hold off so for Xbox 1X?

I was just going to ask the same question. Good deal today with 2 controllers and 2 games for 269 on an XBOX one S

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Probably not. If you have a 4K tv, and actually care about things like resolution, HDR, FPS, and things like that, then the One X is for you, otherwise, go for a One S.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Depends what you want. The X will set you back about 500 euro without any games or anything included while you can get a decent deal on an Xbox One S with a few games and extra controller at the moment.

The X will be able to display some games at full 4k and is gconsiderably more powerful than the S but you will still be able to play all the same games on the S. The S still has a 4k BR player and HDR and will upscale games so they still look good on a 4k HDR screen.

Probably care more that it's black!

Not too pushed about FPS/resolution , but I don't an obsolete Xbox in 4 or 5 years.

I was just going to ask the same question. Good deal today with 2 controllers and 2 games for 269 on an XBOX one S

Where?
    Might be interested!

• Advertisement

Where?
    Might be interested!

Smyths, there's also one with fifa 18 and Forza for 239.99 but no extra controller.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Smyths, there's also one with fifa 18 and Forza for 239.99 but no extra controller.

Jesus an xbox with fifa and forza is seriously tempting :pac:

Advertisement