Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find current address

Options
  • 19-09-2017 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, people!
    I try to sue my ex-landlord. Here is a problem, he gave me a wrong address. The court can do nothing without the right one.
    Is it any legal ways to find his current address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

Hire a private investigator!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Check the Land Registry as regards his given address for the service of notices. www.landdirect.ie

Also check the register of electors, which is publicly available to search. I think that it is online also.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Also check the register of electors, which is publicly available to search. I think that it is online also.

Might be worth scanning the hardcopy register in the local library or Garda station but you can't use the online electoral register to find someone. You have to drill down by giving (1) the local authority area (2) the street name (3) the house number (4) the name. The facility allows you to check if a person is on the register only if you know their name and their exact address.

http://www.checktheregister.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to the RTB, explain the situation and see if they can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 martisha

Homer wrote: »
    Hire a private investigator!

Thank for advice. Can you recommend someone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 martisha

Check the Land Registry as regards his given address for the service of notices.

Thank you. I will try Land Registry, but not sure if it will help. One of his business is registered on address which he rented me out (

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Victor wrote: »
    Talk to the RTB, explain the situation and see if they can help.

Beyond disgruntled tenants lodging complaints, I seriously doubt that the RTB have ever heard of him, much less know where he lives.

Advertisement