Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cast tablet to Tv

Options
  • 19-09-2017 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Will a micro USB to HDMI adapter cast my tablet screen to my TV? Some tablets have a HDMI output connector but mine doesn't. I seen micro usb to HDMI today and wondering would be it work ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Will a micro USB to HDMI adapter cast my tablet screen to my TV? Some tablets have a HDMI output connector but mine doesn't. I seen micro usb to HDMI today and wondering would be it work ?

It's probably easier to buy a Chromecast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

It's probably easier to buy a Chromecast

€40 v €6. I'd buy an android box before a Chromecast to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

€40 v €6. I'd buy an android box before a Chromecast to be honest.

To answer your question yes, it should work. It's called an MHL cable btw. If you're going the android box route get a Mi Box as it runs Android TV and not a modified touch-screen tablet version of Android, Android tv comes with Chromecast functionality built in.

To answer your question yes, it should work. It's called an MHL cable btw. If you're going the android box route get a Mi Box as it runs Android TV and not a modified touch-screen tablet version of Android, Android tv comes with Chromecast functionality built in.

Unfortunately the micro usb to HDMI cable didn't work for me on both my tablet and phone. Nothing happened at all when I went to source on my TV and selected the HDMI port.

Is there software for my phone or tablet I need to download to make this work? I'm running android nougat on both devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It only works with MHL devices. Of 8000 phones on GSMArena only 178 support it.

http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?sFreeText=MHL

As a standard its kinda dead as USB wasnt designed for it and MicroHDMI is a much better solution.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    It only works with MHL devices. Of 8000 phones on GSMArena only 178 support it.

http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?sFreeText=MHL

As a standard its kinda dead as USB wasnt designed for it and MicroHDMI is a much better solution.

I'll return the cable tomorrow so. I was hoping this would work as a substitute for an android box as it would do basically the same thing if it did.

I'll return the cable tomorrow so. I was hoping this would work as a substitute for an android box as it would do basically the same thing if it did.

Connecting something to a TV via a cable will never come remotely close to replacing an android box. You're better to invest a small amount of money and save yourself a lot of hassle.

Advertisement