Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability Allowance Rebate

Options
  • 19-09-2017 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    My partner got approved for disability allowance about 2 months and she is due an arrear of monies owed, as she was on JA at the time of her application.

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the rebate? We've tried calling them over the past few days, but after being on hold for 25 minutes each day we just hung up. I figure they aren't answering their phones for some reason.

And if not, any idea who I should contact to get some information since I can't see to get through to DA?

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Are you sure she's actually due monies being she was getting a welfare payment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Hey guys,
    My partner got approved for disability allowance about 2 months and she is due an arrear of monies owed, as she was on JA at the time of her application.

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the rebate? We've tried calling them over the past few days, but after being on hold for 25 minutes each day we just hung up. I figure they aren't answering their phones for some reason.

And if not, any idea who I should contact to get some information since I can't see to get through to DA?

Any help would be great!

Out of curiosity, was it approved first go or was it refused?

What was the waiting time?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Gatling wrote: »
    Are you sure she's actually due monies being she was getting a welfare payment

Yeah, it's stated in the letter that she is due monies, and from my own calculations she is due money. Unfortunately information is thin on the ground and I'm still finding it really tough to get in touch with the DA section.

Out of curiosity, was it approved first go or was it refused?

What was the waiting time?

All in all the process took about 8/9 months. She was refused the first time (as everyone is), and was accepted after appealing. It was a pretty stressful time and experience overall, especially for her, but we're thankful it worked out well in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

I applied for Disability mid June, and was awarded in August.Obviously lucky it was so quick. I am still waiting on the arrears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

dragona wrote: »
    I applied for Disability mid June, and was awarded in August.Obviously lucky it was so quick. I am still waiting on the arrears.

on the first attempt?

• Advertisement

on the first attempt?

Yes, I was surprised! It came through very quickly indeed, and a week later the free travel card.

From what I can understand though, this is not the norm, I guess I was just very lucky.

Arrears available today so that's good!

Advertisement