Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optical express

Options
  • 19-09-2017 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I had laser eye surgery with optical express 3years ago! I had a terrible experience! I was lied to from the get go! During my consultation with optical express they said I wouldn't need lifetime aftercare as if there was anything that needed further surgery it would be done within the year! (Silly me fell for it and went with them because it was cheaper) I told them optilase done a lifetime aftercare and they said it was a gimmick! And that all my eye tests were free for lifetime anyway! The thing is my surgery didn't go well I had blurry vision and very dry eye afterwards but I fell pregnant within the year aftercare and they said to come back after I finished breast feeding and they will look after me!! Which has all been lies my eyes are deteriorating and they want to charge me 70euro for an eye test! I'm so mad at myself for falling for there sales pitch, as I'm suffering ever since??? I'd love to no has anyone else had a bad experience with optical express as I'm going to a solicitor and would love advice?❤️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SuperMack

For all you out there who are intending to go for eye surgery especially with Optical Express please read about my experience with them. I got lens replacement some four years ago and the results were good so I recommended it to my partner who went and had the same job done the following year. She was delighted with the results but unfortunately three years later she developed some clouding of the lens (happens in 20% of cases) so we returned to Optical in Newbridge. We were told that she needed to have the lens polished (YAG Laser Capsulotomy Procedure) which eliminates the problem permanently. Unfortunately as the two year guarantee was out it would cost 795 euro per eye plus a 190 euro consultancy fee. I had the same problem but it was some months after the operation and had the procedure done which takes all of five minutes. We were shocked that a company who purport to correct eye problems were prepared to watch her go blind if we could not come up with the money despite knowing that this problem could arise at any time. To add insult to injury we discovered we could get this procedure done in Kilkenny for 750 euros for both eyes which tell you a lot about Opticals priorities. It is disgraceful that a company would treat the guarantee on a medical procedure in the same manner as a garage would treat the guarantee on a second hand car. So beware and demand that this is covered should you consider Optical. To conclude I would say that all the staff I dealt with were fantastic but their hands were tied. Looking back now maybe it would have been better to buy a good pair of glasses with the money and use the remainder to pay for a deposit on a car, at least then, I would have got a seven year guarantee!!!

Advertisement