Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses!

Options
  • 19-09-2017 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just wondering what the bus services are like down in Comer now. I know JJ Kavanagh has a route that goes thru Comer to Dublin, but since May they've been cut to twice a day running, 6am and 6pm.. Is there any other buses that service Castlecomer to Dublin?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Route 817 is operated by Bernard Kavanagh Coaches under contract to the National Transport Authority. It departs Castlecomer at 10.50 daily arriving Eden Quay around 12.50. The return departs Georges Quay (the Ulster Bank just down from Tara Street railway station) at 16.00 scheduled into Comer at 18.00.

Mondays to Fridays Bus Éireann route 130 departs Dublin Busáras at 22.30 for Athy and will extend to Castlecomer on request:
    http://buseireann.ie/timetables/1425902398-130.pdf

A Mondays to Fridays Ring a Link service departs Castlecomer at 0830 and operates to Kilcullen where it connects into BÉ Route 130 for onward travel to Dublin.

Buggys have several buses into Kilkenny and one a day to Carlow where other buses and trains are available.

Apart from JJK's route I think that's it.

Hope the information is of some assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Geog1234 wrote: »

Mondays to Fridays Bus reann route 130 departs Dublin Buss at 22.30 for Athy and will extend to Castlecomer on request:
    http://buseireann.ie/timetables/1425902398-130.pdf

I've never heard or seen this on a BE timetable- I'd have assumed the bus would be heading back to Dublin after.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

It is a very recent development so perhaps it isn't widespread knowledge yet. The timetable linked to above has a footnote about it.
    The press release from BÉ mentioned it:
    Bus Éireann, in conjunction with the National Transport Authority, are pleased to announce the introduction of our new 22.30 weekday service from Dublin to Athy via Kilcullen which will operate on to Castlecomer on request.
    Route 817A, operated by Ring-a-link, will operate a morning service from Castlecomer to Kilcullen which will provide a connection to the 09.35 Route 130 service to Dublin.
    This service commenced on Tuesday, 8 August 2017.
    Spot on, it likely returns to Dublin afterwards (unless being operated by a local contractor i.e. bus on hire to Bus Éireann) in the same way as the 06.45 ex Athy apparently drives down from Broadstone garage out of service.

Advertisement