Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilder Vs Ortiz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Like Ortiz big time in this. If he has anywhere near the ability left that he showed against Jennings he has way too much for Wilder.

I can't believe Wilder is risking the AJ payday taking this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

I can't remember seeing Ortiz's last fight but I hope his performance against Scott was a motivational thing. I got my local to put that one on...yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I will be very surprised if Wilder wins this.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,914 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I will be very surprised if Wilder wins this.

I won't.. I reckon he wins well.

walshb wrote: »
    I won't.. I reckon he wins well.

He has a punchers chance, but against a semi decent opponent, which Ortiz is, he won't get to land it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭selectamatic

If this was a few years ago I'd be leaning to an Ortiz win but now I'm not so sure. Ortiz hasn't looked great the last while and wilder has a habit of sinking to his opponents level and just doing enough to get the win, which in his case is windmilling in bombs. This in turn fuels the perception that he's a one trick pony.

In my opinion when he has to box he can and he can deliver his punches in a more stylish fashion. It's just more often than not he doesn't have to.

Personally I'd like a wilder ko victory to set up the Joshua fight which is exactly what's best for the HW division.

I reckon this is a close fight though and a good case can be made for either man.

If this was a few years ago I'd be leaning to an Ortiz win but now I'm not so sure. Ortiz hasn't looked great the last while and wilder has a habit of sinking to his opponents level and just doing enough to get the win, which in his case is windmilling in bombs. This in turn fuels the perception that he's a one trick pony.

In my opinion when he has to box he can and he can deliver his punches in a more stylish fashion. It's just more often than not he doesn't have to.

He has struggled against ordinary opposition, it's his power that has often got him out of trouble. Against a decent opponent it's unlikely his power will be the deciding factor. With this in mind, I have seen nothing to suggest he can box at all. He is very crude. These shortcomings will be exposed against top opposition.

If Ortiz is motivated he should win this. In his last couple of fights he didn't seem interested at all for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,914 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ortiz rumoured to have tested positive for banned substance.

Fake news, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Seems legit:
    https://twitter.com/wbcmoro/status/913623837081776128

Wilder did say something about worry about not getting done for PEDs again.... Damn shame I was really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Balls, that's unlucky on Wilder yet again.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Balls, that's unlucky on Wilder yet again.

Yeah, he gets accused of only taking soft defences but he's signed up for arguably the two toughest defences available to him, and both have tested positive.

Stiverne will probably get promoted back to the main event now, in a fight no one has any interest in seeing.

Advertisement