Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify Tap.

Options
  • 18-09-2017 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi,

I had a plumber "fix "this tap ( while doing other work ) and it is now stuck / seized again.. I assume it requires a replacement cartridge but I cant find it anywhere on the net.

Can anyone identify the make / style it is around 22 years old.

Thanks

Eddie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'd imagine that he took it apart cleaned it and put it back together again

Your plumber will be able to source a install a replacement spindle for you

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'd imagine that he took it apart cleaned it and put it back together again

Your plumber will be able to source a install a replacement spindle for you

He will yes... probably for € 100... when he should have done that originally. I am finished dealing with him..

I will do it myself when I identify the exact part... if not I will go to the plumbers supply shop and bring the photo..

But thanks for all your help / advice,.

Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

eddie wrote:
    I will do it myself when I identify the exact part... if not I will go to the plumbers supply shop and bring the photo..

A photo won't help you identify the spindle.

If you are doing it yourself your best bet is to turn the water off, remove the cap & spindle. Bring the cap & spindle and your trade counter. If they can't match it up try a different trade counter and so on. This is what your plumber would have to do anyway.

The spindle itself screwing into the tap fitting will be standard so no issues there. Usually the hardest part is getting a spindle that will match the cap.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    A photo won't help you identify the spindle.

If you are doing it yourself your best bet is to turn the water off, remove the cap & spindle. Bring the cap & spindle and your trade counter. If they can't match it up try a different trade counter and so on. This is what your plumber would have to do anyway.

The spindle itself screwing into the tap fitting will be standard so no issues there. Usually the hardest part is getting a spindle that will match the cap.

THank you for that information, I thought that it would be easy enough to identify... so far no luck, so, as you say, this looks like the only option.

Appreciated. !

eddie wrote: »
    THank you for that information, I thought that it would be easy enough to identify... so far no luck, so, as you say, this looks like the only option.

Appreciated. !

AS it happened I decided to try the handle to see if the local plumbing store had one, they said the needed the actual tap head, but gave me a loan of the cheapest unit they had to try.

It worked.. they even advised as it was up stairs if I ran all the other taps on the circuit while changing it, there should ab not much pressure and they wer correct.. changed the cartridge over and fitted handle back on in 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement