Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag party in Westport - need suggestions for everything basically

Options
  • 18-09-2017 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

hey lads

i've been tasked with organising my best mates stag and he's decided he'd like to go to lovely westport.

we were thinking of using stagparty.ie but i've seen the places the end up in kk and think we could do better by booking ourselves

we're provisionally saying november 3rd - 5th

with people mainly coming from kilkenny and dublin

the man himself is mad into kyaking so that could be cool to do, but clean slate as regards any suggestions for food drink and activities, also accomodation, isn't crazy important but if the money was similar enough the nicer place would be taken, ( if there was a place with a steam room / sauna for the sorer / older heads the next day all the better :pac::pac::pac::pac:)

thanking everyone in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Delphi is nearby and an option (I think it offers kayaking)

http://www.delphiadventureresort.com/adventure-holidays-ireland

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

I confirm Delphi have kayaks. They may launch them off one of the Clew Bay beaches - where there would be more shelter in Nov.

Wide range of pubs and restaurants - see sticky above

Variety of mountains and beaches etc for working up a thirst

Saunas in main hotels and in LA owned Leisure Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Delphi does kayaking on Killary Fjord - not on Clew Bay.
    They offer coasteering though, which might be more interesting for stag group and it is done at OldHead beach on Clew bay. Absolutely recommend if weather will be reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

great suggestions so far everyone

much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Agree with respect to delphi centre. Although, make sure you are happy with distance from Westport out to the center and back though. Probably just under an hour in both directions, not ideal if lads have only had 2-3 hours sleep.

Stayed in Westport Woods Hotel a few times before and pool/sauna was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Had my Hen here in February - booked an early bird in Sage restaurant (if chipper wont do for 48 hrs) - great food great value. Did pub crawls on both nights but ended up in Matt Molloy's both nights - live bands playing 'all the hits' - great atmosphere & great fun. Stayed in the Clew Bay - very central, good value, resident's bar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

You could rent out bikes and cycle a bit of the greenway:

https://www.greenway.ie/Trail-Map-01.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Don't use stagit for Westport. We went on one a month ago and the accommodation was shocking. For a stag I don't expect much but I wouldn't keep my dog in the place we stayed. Stagit use that accommodation regularly so there is a strong chance you'd end up there. Pm if you want more details, don't wanna go to town on the place here.

There are also kayaks using adventure west which are based on old head beach. Don't know if they operate in November though.

Coming from Dublin I'd suggest the train. Less painful than driving back the morning after. Reasonable fares if you book early too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Definitely take the train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Extra discount if you do a group booking http://www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/group-travel-1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I used stagit for a mates, we stayed above Geraghtys pub. Was pretty basic and for some unknown reason each room had 1 double bed and not 2 singles.

I ended up with a bed for 2 nights :pac:

Get the train, we did bubble football in a local GAA club and then had food in Dunnings next door.

Ended up in Matt Molloys both nights too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

I used stagit for a mates, we stayed above Geraghtys pub. Was pretty basic and for some unknown reason each room had 1 double bed and not 2 singles.

I ended up with a bed for 2 nights :pac:

Get the train, we did bubble football in a local GAA club and then had food in Dunnings next door.

Ended up in Matt Molloys both nights too.

Romance or at least friendship is facilitated in Westport

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Stay in Dunnings

Perfect for a stag

Pub down stairs, owner is a bit of a 'character'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

I wonder if there is any chance of getting a 'stag in Westport' sticky?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not really but I suppose we could do a mega-merge (not stuck).
    It's not that many threads on the same topic is there ;)

Advertisement