Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beardie prolapse

Options
  • 17-09-2017 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

My kids just rang me and described what seems to be a prolapse on our beardie. I've just looked at some sites and they explain how to fix it with sugar water and pushing it back in.

Is this something I should attempt myself or go to a vet? If the latter does anyone know a reptile vet near Maynooth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

So before I got home the kids soaked the beardie in warm water and cleaned his cage thoroughly. The prolapse seems to have gone back in. Is that normal? Anything I should watch our for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Orion wrote: »
    So before I got home the kids soaked the beardie in warm water and cleaned his cage thoroughly. The prolapse seems to have gone back in. Is that normal? Anything I should watch our for?

I have no idea with reptiles, but i'd reckon your arsehole turning inside out is a definite call to go to the vet at the very least!

Advertisement