Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU vs DBS for H.Dip in Software Development (Springboard)

Options
  • 17-09-2017 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi all,

Have been offered a place in both DCU and DBS for the Higher Diploma in Software Development via Springboard.

The DBS course outline is here and DCU is here.

I would normally go for DCU as it's a university and may be better regarded, but the course is delivered mostly online. While this is handy in theory - I also work remotely, and have been looking forward to the social aspect of returning to college, so DBS wins by a mile there.

Do employers really care that much about where your degree is from?

Also what kind of jobs can I expect to get afterwards? I would be hoping for something like web design for an agency.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Hi all,

Have been offered a place in both DCU and DBS for the Higher Diploma in Software Development via Springboard.

The DBS course outline is here and DCU is here.

I would normally go for DCU as it's a university and may be better regarded, but the course is delivered mostly online. While this is handy in theory - I also work remotely, and have been looking forward to the social aspect of returning to college, so DBS wins by a mile there.

Do employers really care that much about where your degree is from?

Also what kind of jobs can I expect to get afterwards? I would be hoping for something like web design for an agency.

Bit of a thread revival, but did you go ahead with DBS by any chance? Thinking of doing it myself & there aren't many testimonials.

Advertisement