Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I fu**ing hate it

Options
  • 16-09-2017 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭

hate change me
    what's the worst change from D1 to D2 for you?7
    I left the typo 7
    every time I jump off a sparrow it pushes me
    s'ok
    yacan't fast travel if you're doing a patrol
    s'ok
    timed nightfall
    fu bungie fu
    f

u

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

A+

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Never change gimli x

But in all seriousness, I hated the part of the story after Homecoming, where your ghost sounded all sad and disappointed because you lost your light - his voice just annoyed me.
    Zavala started out as a right badass and then got very sheepish because he wasn't immortal anymore... Man up FFS!

I guess they were adding a sence of urgency / threat to the game but it just didn't work for me.

where your ghost sounded all sad and disappointed because you lost your light - his voice just annoyed me.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

few bits and bobs...

- no heavy machine guns
    - no strike specific loot
    - strikes in general needed to be more involved in the story somehow, like they were in the original
    - vault!
    - weapons with set perks
    - Raid, I want bullet sponge's, not these complex tasks jumping through hoops and over barriers.

Seen it in a few places but seems a lot of work the 'live team' did at the end of D1 was not incorporated back into D2, stuff like kiosk's, vault space layout/mangement. I'm guessing a lot of this stuff will come in time but it seems they were well down the path of D2 with the D1 lads came up with this stuff and they hadn't time to circle back.

There's been plenty of improvements so its hard really to complain too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,144 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

syboit wrote: »

Seen it in a few places but seems a lot of work the 'live team' did at the end of D1 was not incorporated back into D2, stuff like kiosk's, vault space layout/mangement. I'm guessing a lot of this stuff will come in time but it seems they were well down the path of D2 with the D1 lads came up with this stuff and they hadn't time to circle back.

There's been plenty of improvements so its hard really to complain too much.

Does the collections tab in the vault not cover the kiosk stuff?
    Don't see an issue with vault space to be honest, at least not yet. We don't need as much space as D1 because we don't need multiple rolls of any weapon, and armor doesn't have differing stats/perks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

- no heavy machine guns
    Resolved: Removed power weapon slot
    - no strike specific loot
    Resolved: Loot only drops from strikes. Trials/Raid will reward tokens that can be redeemed once a strike is completed.
    - strikes in general needed to be more involved in the story somehow, like they were in the original
    Resolved: Removed Campaign
    - vault!
    Resolved: amended vault size to 1 item only, added extra vaults in the Farm.
    - weapons with set perks
    Resolved: Replaced all kinetic/energy weapons with Mida Multi-Tool
    - Raid, I want bullet sponge's, not these complex tasks jumping through hoops and over barriers.
    In Progress: Attempting to gain rights to use Spongebob SquarePants in all future raids

Love Bungie <3

Does the collections tab in the vault not cover the kiosk stuff?
    Don't see an issue with vault space to be honest, at least not yet. We don't need as much space as D1 because we don't need multiple rolls of any weapon, and armor doesn't have differing stats/perks.

Not really the size of the vault, at least don't have to store 3 imago's or multiple grasp of maloks. It just more the layout. Collections tab is ok, I just preferred the way the exotic kiosks were in D1, like to see all the stuff I don't have so gives me something to grind for :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Not really the size of the vault, at least don't have to store 3 imago's or multiple grasp of maloks. It just more the layout. Collections tab is ok, I just preferred the way the exotic kiosks were in D1, like to see all the stuff I don't have so gives me something to grind for :)

Have to agree with you there, I miss the Kiosks :( You could see what you were missing and there doesnt appear to be any of that this time around which is strange.

Might get burned at the stake for this one, but I miss the grimoire, especially from the app/website. I do like the lore in the scannable objects though. Probably should be a separate thread for good ones, but found 2 on titan which I really liked : one about trading with an out lying colony, and another about something large moving in the sea's below us.

Might get burned at the stake for this one, but I miss the grimoire, especially from the app/website. I do like the lore in the scannable objects though. Probably should be a separate thread for good ones, but found 2 on titan which I really liked : one about trading with an out lying colony, and another about something large moving in the sea's below us.

I wanted more story integration in the game and I wanted the story to be in the game - but I didn't want them to do away with grimoire.

I wanted a way to read it in game - load screens, a kiosk in the social space?

On top of that, I wanted a more compelling and well told story. On this they succeeded, but the loss of grimoire is annoying. They say it is in the game, but no nearly as much - and the stories we take part in or are told don't make up the difference imo.

Also, I think keeping grimoire, and keeping it as part of the character screen, would have been a nice way of rewarding D1 players, a consistent tribute to what we have done in this universe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

a small thing but I miss just grabbing bounties from the post master.

I find now when I'm finished all my main quests like call to arms etc I find myself just roaming around different planets trying to grind up my light level.

I know I have to be doing something wrong but I'm finding it very hard to get past the 270-280 light level stage :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SeanHarty wrote: »

I find now when I'm finished all my main quests like call to arms etc I find myself just roaming around different planets trying to grind up my light level.

I know I have to be doing something wrong but I'm finding it very hard to get past the 270-280 light level stage :confused:

Yeah the 270-280 is a tough push, what I found handiest was just doing the Public Events for exotics was what brought me up to the 290ish not too bad. Dont forget that some of your stuff may have a +5 mod on it so is actually 5 less power than what it states. I only copped it the other day and was infusing 282 blues into 286's to bring me up a little etc.

So public events and lost sectors would be the farming I go with :)

SeanHarty wrote: »

Kind of missed it myself, but then thought that the different challenges in teh game modes, and destinations are basically bounties.

Might get burned at the stake for this one, but I miss the grimoire,

For armour pieces, inspect the item and use left trigger to "show lore" :)

I miss random rolls. Fixed rolls SUCK.

So little loot in this looter shooter.

I'm kinda liking the fact I'll be able to "walk away" without feeling I need to dump 30 hours a week into the game tbh :)

I love the feeling of scrapping duplicate weapons.

feelsgood.jpg

I'm kinda liking the fact I'll be able to "walk away" without feeling I need to dump 30 hours a week into the game tbh :)

True, but i think having fixed rolls, on what looks like a small pool of weapons, is a bad idea. Or just having the one fixed roll.

Maybe they could/should have had 3 rolls per gun - 3 different use cases of the weapon. One might rise as the clear choice but at least it is a choice.

I also think mods are a massive disappointment.

I had hoped mods would truly effect how a gun would funtion - ie you could put firefly or counterbalance on a weapon that didn't have it, to change its use. But nope. half-assed imo.

I love the feeling of scrapping duplicate weapons.

feelsgood.jpg

Minor thing, but don't forget to check that the dupe doesn't have a purple mod.
    True, but i think having fixed rolls, on what looks like a small pool of weapons, is a bad idea. Or just having the one fixed roll.

Maybe they could/should have had 3 rolls per gun - 3 different use cases of the weapon. One might rise as the clear choice but at least it is a choice.

I also think mods are a massive disappointment.

I had hoped mods would truly effect how a gun would funtion - ie you could put firefly or counterbalance on a weapon that didn't have it, to change its use. But nope. half-assed imo.

Well you can change the perks on the guns.
    I spoke at length about the virtues of using a Energy Weapon Counterblance Mod on your class item when paired with the Mida-Mini-Tool last night :P

A post on Reddit put it pretty well by saying
    Compared to D1, it’s nice that our sentiment is “add things” instead of “fix things."

Hence it seems more "balanced". No more Suros/Vex issues in PvP like D1 Vanilla launch. No more game breaking G-Horn.
    Seems they started with a smaller pool and balanced it better and can iterate on that. There are still a lot of archetypes, seems like every single GL or SR i get is different

Then again, I'm probably a Bungie Apologist :pac:
    I just like playing the Game and not having it feel like a 2nd job now

Advertisement