Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely buggy Vive experience

Options
  • 16-09-2017 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

Just bought a brand new gaming pc and the vive, got it set up today and have been having a nightmare trying to get it to run smoothly.

PC Specs shouldn't be an issue, have GTX 1070, 16GB and i7700.

Issues are mainly games not launching, steam vr not launching (sometimes), visuals not appearing in headset but on the monitor. Vive visual going dark red and not showing game.

Also noticed some very bad lagging during some heavy gameplay. Wasn't expecting this with the decent PC specs.

I changed around up the HDMI position and that improved some aspects but still some games not launching.

Worryingly I tried to run Nvidia VR funhouse and it said my GPU was unsupported, despite being a 1070.

What worked perfectly,

Vive tutorial,
    Google Earth,
    QuiVr (After changing HDMI position)
    Surgeon Simulator (after changing HDMI position)
    Smashbox Arena (After changing HDMI - v.laggy in some parts)

What won't even launch

The Lab,
    Pavlov,
    Nvidia Funhouse

If anyone has any idea's or solutions i'm all ears

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sounds like you might have the Rift plugged into the integrated graphics on the motherboard instead of the GTX1070?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 VR Rig

Sounds like you might have the Rift plugged into the integrated graphics on the motherboard instead of the GTX1070?

Yep that's what I was doing alright, my stupidness amazes me sometimes

Advertisement