Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kino Mural gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

Hopefully it will be replaced, I too really appreciated it 👍

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Radiohead supporting Frank &Walters. That would have some gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I loved that picture. It could have done with a touch-up alright, but I'm sad that it' gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

New owner says he will have a new one painted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It was starting to get a little shabby all right, and as Fin Dac (the artist) said to me while he was painting it murals are living art and this is part of their life cycle. I was part of the group running it at the time and really appreciated Fin donating his time and energy to it, was a real talking piece and added great character to the area.

Looking forward to see the new one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Yeah it was starting to flake off in a good few places and to separate from the base.

Better to fix it now, than to wait till it kept bulging away, only waiting for a storm wind to rip it away from the wall.
    That could have landed the new owners in a difficult spot insurance wise, only a few months after buying the place.

I loved the mural, but I like the idea of something new every few years; whitewash and start again.

Look on the bright-side though, that site could have been flattened with three glass faced, floor retail units popping up
    including a Burrito Store, a Doughnut shop and another Starbucks, propping up another soulless glass office block.

Bird of prey or a dragon been painted at the moment.
    Interesting health & safety, two guys in a telescope raised platform this week doing it, but only one wearing a face mask ? :eek:

So far, I prefer the old image. (But that's just me)

But looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    And thanks to the artists, for providing us with your art, I love it.
    And appreciate it.
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

The new mural is very disappointing. It’s more like a train tunnel graffiti rather than a piece of urban art.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I quite like it. I passed during the week while they were working on it, must get back to see the finished product.
    37961635511_70b6e088ae_c.jpgNew kino mural

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Looks quite cool. No doubt it'll be tagged before the weekend is out.

• Advertisement

Nice,... But not in the same league as the lady before, sorry guy's
    That "WAS AN EYE CATCHER" and uniquely suited to that wall.

Again
    Sorry, I do appreciate the new bird, but I prefer the old bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

looks crap

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Att vara en hest

tbh the new one is quite tame and boring.. It's nice but nothing special. I hope that they make the mural a more dynamic thing, perhaps change it every second month or so even, would be a cool idea anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

tbh the new one is quite tame and boring.. It's nice but nothing special. I hope that they make the mural a more dynamic thing, perhaps change it every second month or so even, would be a cool idea anyways.
    I've a feeling that amount of work costs thousands. Not sure how loaded the Kino is. ;)

I much prefer the new one. Old one was a like a schoolboy drawing on their copybook, unnatural pose, proportions off. New one is much better, think it will age better.

I went to school and never saw drawings like the lady on the Keno on any copy book :confused:

And we doodlers doodled a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's just 'ok', not as eye catching or uniquely Cork like the last one imho.

I expect the colourful one on the side of McKenzie's / Camden Palace will disappear with demolition.

I do like the junction box art and what has been done around the old distillery area beyond the Fran Well, but they have to be maintained or the shyte tags will appear again.

Advertisement