Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi probs with chromecast

Options
  • 15-09-2017 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

All devices in house are loosing wifi in the house since I got chromecast. It happens few times a day and once with turn wifi on and off again on the devices it starts working again. Any ideas im lost on tech stuff. Also it only happens while streaming and speeds are always fast.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭corkie

Have you Guest Mode enabled on your chromecast? If yes try disabling it.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

corkie wrote: »
    Have you Guest Mode enabled on your chromecast? If yes try disabling it.

I gave that a go what does it do. Sorry my ignorance and thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭corkie

brilou23 wrote: »
    I gave that a go what does it do. Sorry my ignorance and thanks for reply

How does guest mode work?
    https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6109292?hl=en
    When guest mode is turned on, Chromecast emits a special WiFi beacon. When a Chromecast-enabled app is launched on your guest's mobile device, that device detects the presence of the special Wi-Fi beacon and shows the Cast icon in the application. Upon tapping the Cast icon, casting to a 'Nearby Device' will be listed as an available option.

That beacon might be interfering with other devices wifi!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement