Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in North Wicklow work on Harleys?

Options
  • 15-09-2017 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

I need a Harley guy, or any decent mechanic really, in north Wicklow. I'm trying to swap my maddeningly loud baffles out for 'quiter' ones, but the bolts have completely seized and I'd rather not risk destroying them myself. I tried Bray Honda, but they won't touch it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Reindeer wrote: »
    I need a Harley guy, or any decent mechanic really, in north Wicklow. I'm trying to swap my maddeningly loud baffles out for 'quiter' ones, but the bolts have completely seized and I'd rather not risk destroying them myself. I tried Bray Honda, but they won't touch it.

I'm surprised at that..they usually will have a go at destroying anything...:D

You actually passed by the perfect guys...Old Skool on Seapoint Rd.....theyre just around the corner from BHC..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Supposedly they are in the Solus Ind Estate now. I sent them a msg via facebook, but heard nothing. Are they still around? I'll give em a ring tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'm surprised at that..they usually will have a go at destroying anything...:D

You actually passed by the perfect guys...Old Skool on Seapoint Rd.....theyre just around the corner from BHC..

Its on their facebook page...

I went in to a local guy a friend of mine knows. Ground off the bolts, swapped in the new baffles, and she's 'quiet' sort of... well, at least she's not waking the dead...

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Reindeer wrote: »
    I went in to a local guy a friend of mine knows. Ground off the bolts, swapped in the new baffles, and she's 'quiet' sort of... well, at least she's not waking the dead...

Good that you got it sorted. Although you shouldn't really anthropomorphize bikes.

Because they don't like it.

• Advertisement

Heh. Where I'm from, all machines are 'shes'. Especially if they are loud and difficult to live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...my Road King had Screamin Eagle pipes when I bought it. Awful. And the quality of the chrome was ****. Reminded me of those front mudguards on 70's Jap bikes. You could nearly peel it off.....

Got a set of new, standard pipes f.o.c. from the shop : no one wants them. He told me to go upstairs and pick them out myself. He had dozens of them......it's the first thing most people take OFF their H-D !!

Meanwhile DoneDeal went gaga for a set of flaky chrome too-loud pipes ....go figure....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

....btw 11 years later the std ones have packed down nicely and it's even better now.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

The short shots just look too good for me to give up. The new Super-Q baffles make it easy to live with them, tho. They also weigh nearly nothing. You actually notice the difference in weight from stock piping. Though, on a Road King, not sure weight is much of a consideration ;)

166194687.b5gU4pPq.FXDCIgwy.jpg

Advertisement