Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingerprint Back Up

Options
  • 15-09-2017 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi

I have a Nokia 6 with Android 7.1.1 and was just wondering about the fingerprint sensor. It probably works the same in all android devices with the fingerprint sensor. As a back up you can use a pin number, well what happens if the sensor doesn't work and you forgot the pin number? Just wondering.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sevenie wrote: »
    Hi

I have a Nokia 6 with Android 7.1.1 and was just wondering about the fingerprint sensor. It probably works the same in all android devices with the fingerprint sensor. As a back up you can use a pin number, well what happens if the sensor doesn't work and you forgot the pin number? Just wondering.

Thanks
    You have to set a pin,password or pattern as well in case this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Thats what I'm saying, what happens if you forget the Pin, or password or pattern?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

So long as you haven't entirely lost your head..
    You can log into Android Device Manager using your Gmail login and remotely reset your pin.

Google it...you can log in via the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pick a meaningful pin that's not guessable, like a relative's birthday in DDMM format, e.g. 1307 for July 13th.
    Then you just need to think of that person and you'll know your pin.

If you can't remember that, write it down somewhere and put it somewhere safe.

If you can't remember where you wrote it down, then I give up. :)

Thanks for the replies, I was just wondering if the phone would lock or something, thats all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't know about Nokias, but Samsung phones lock you out for 1 minute, then 2 minutes, then 5 minutes, then 30 minutes, then an hour, and so on - as long as you keep putting in the wrong pin. You can't keep trying indefinitely without penalty.

You can unlock your phone remotely from Samsung's online portal on a PC. Again, not sure if Nokia have something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What I mean is you can't set a fingerprint lock without having one of the others also set up. It doesn't allow you. It prompts you to pick one other to set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The 6 and 8 work like any Andorid device with a fingerprint scanner and as mentioned your locked out status begins at 30 seconds and upward and you have as many attempts as you like. Just keep it simple with password.

OK thanks, was just wondering if it would lock me out.

Advertisement