Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETFs on ISE - Can anyone see volume?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Dardania,
    Sorry I can't help on the volume question but if I were you(and I have a Davy PRSA also) I would stick to LSE ETFs, no additional fees(not even stamp duty) is great. It's going to be some time before we know what happens with Brexit and you can sell out later if you feel you really need to.

Like you I find the costs for buying on the European exchanges a real negative unless you are buying large modest volumes(at least €2500 per ETF)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Really discuouraging regarding the European exchange costs. I just know there are ETFs I’ve invested in that it will be a long time until I add to them / rebalance them...

2 updates on this topic

Davy have said they’d add the two securities above for EU trackers on ISE to their online platform, so now at least they are easily accessible. I’m not 100% sure they understood I was looking for the Irish traded ones, but let’s see in a few days.

And secondly, interesting consultation popped up regarding stamp duty: http://www.finance.gov.ie/updates/minister-donohoe-launches-public-consultation-on-review-of-stamp-duty-charge-on-share-transactions/
    if stamp duty was eliminated, it could spur more volume in Ireland. I shall certainly answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 panoramix

Dardania, JackieChan,

Were you able to find a way to see volume and fees/TER for ISE listed ETFs?
    Also, do you know if the ISE provides xls sheet for their ETFs, with more data on them than on the PDF?

Something similar to this for the LSE:
    www_dot_lseg_dot_com/sites/default/files/content/documents/etfandetpcategorisation%2002.01.18.xlsx

Or, how can one find this info?

Advertisement