Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday evening RTE 1

Options
  • 14-09-2017 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Ever since the new owners of the national lottery decided to cut winning streaks run dramatically and axe the summer fill in version, there has been a big gap in the Saturday evening schedule. Why don't rte bring back a cheep to make format like where in the world or the lyrics board to fill the gap ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

It never ceases to amaze me why they stopped or never considered returning Know Your Sport - simple format and widely entertaining. A quiz/gameshow type programme is badly lacking. Blackboard Jungle - another blast for the past that I'd love to see back

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It never ceases to amaze me why they stopped or never considered returning Know Your Sport - simple format and widely entertaining.

They did. The revivial is called Know the Score and presented by Jackie Hurley.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

icdg wrote: »

It was a very short run and I don't think it involved the public as much as it did sporting stars, it seemed to be Number 1 mets Know Your Sport.

I wonder if its an RTÉ issue more than a National Lottery issue, where have you heard that it was a National Lottery decision?

Anyway there is no hope of RTÉ doing any kind of simple Weekend family entertainment show, BBC are bring back the generation game!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

icdg wrote: »

Jeez I don't remember this at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Advertisement
Advertisement