Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving schools

Options
  • 14-09-2017 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have just started 5th year 3 weeks now . I did TY and during this year I really had a horrible experience I made no new friends only had two of my friends from 3rd year and had a really bad year full of anxiety . During summer I asked my mum if I could move but I only asked last minute in august and when she called up a few schools , it was too late and there was waiting lists , not in catchment area etc . I am in an all girls school and I really hate it. I always wanted to Be in a mixed school to mix with both genders. I only have two friends in my year but now this year I'm in no classes with them and therefore have no friends In any of my classes. I also go through a small bit of bullying which has been sorted a bit this week by my year head but I really don't want to have to deal with these issues. I get really upset when I see people friends and having fun with both genders in mixed schools . My question is would any school let me in now since It's only the start of 5th year ? Or should I just wait until 6th year to move ? And which schools would you recommended me move to ? I am in Dublin 7 area and also Dublin 15 area for catchment areas. Using both my parents adreeses . Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It will really depend on the school. There isn't a blanket rule to cover all schools. If the schools you've tried have no room, then you'll have to try some other schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 winstonf

hey, first things first is to sort out how you're feeling. go and see your school councellor or somebody that you trust and just talk out your feelings, let them be known to your school and make sure that what you are facing isnt being faced without support.
    i went through the exact same thing in 4th year where i felt completely alone and become extremely anxious, I was lucky enough to be allowed move by my parents.Do as much research as possible into the schools in your area and look at their admissions policies, unfortunately i dont know dublin that well so i can't point you in any directions, however i do know that fee paying schools are always after peoples money but idk what your situation is. i moved to the next towns secondary school but its probably harder in dublin with so many more people, so maybe trying to get support and make sure you have a move for next year would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Could be a lot trickier in 6th year with subjects you've decided on in 5th year.

There are quite a few schools (and new schools) in those areas so maybe you could check if there are any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

You can do a search on http://www.schooldays.ie/articles/secondary-Schools-in-Ireland-by-County

And it'll give you a full list of schools per area in Dublin. Good luck with your decision.

Advertisement