Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Churchtown Test

Options
  • 14-09-2017 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have my test tomorrow in Churchtown and I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, I noticed the entrance to the test center is rather narrow, the parking is quiet tight, and the hill is quiet steep.

I am going to drive in, reverse into a spot so that I can just drive out when the test begins.

When arriving back in, is there usually a free spot to drive into? Is is busy on Friday mornings around 9am-10am?

Any other tips for the Churchtown area? I've been driving around it a good bit so I have some sense of direction around the area.

Also there are some roads with a lot of speed bumps, should I stick with 2nd gear through these? Or keep shifting up to 3rd off the bump and then back to 2nd approaching the next bump?

Final question, while I am taking a Right or Left at a T Juntion, should I stay in 1st Gear until I am straightened up? It sounds very Revvy being in first for the whole turn? I don't think it would be wise to change into 2nd mid turn, I am not in full control then..? Or should I quickly get into 2nd before the turn starts?

Advertisement