Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Dual Sim Phone

Options
  • 14-09-2017 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking for a basic dual sim phone (calls and texts only), dont need access to internet.
    I would like one whereby both numbers/sims are active at the same time & something with a good battery - small nokia would be ideal.

Can anyone please advise is this possible and where could i get phone?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Dual Sim phones are popular in many other countries with many models having dual or single sim options. They are hard to come by here because the network operators usually subsidise phones and don't provide dual sim.

So where to find a good phone.. try amazon.co.uk - some sellers deliver to Ireland. Avoid chinese sites and unknown brands. From a quick search the MICROSOFT NOKIA 105 (dual sim) looks like it fits the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭John Electrician33

Thanks for reply.

Will the Nokia 105 work simultaneously though? Can both sim cards be active at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Might be worth keepin an eye on ALDI specials if you aren't in a hurry for it. They had one around this time last year I think, it may have been a smart phone but was definitely dual sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

You can get the new Nokia 3310 with dual sim, another option.

I dont mind waiting or ordering from amazon but i want one that both sim cards can be active simultaneously - ie if someone rings either number the phone will ring - is this possible? The ones i have seen u can only select one sim card or the other u can have both active

• Advertisement

Does nokia 3310 sim cards work simultaneously

Oh I dont know about that, I would have thought they were all running at the same time.

Does anyone know a phone that both sims work simultaneously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

I'd be pretty sure both those Nokia's do, but don't quite have the level of interest to research it any further.. sorry..

FWIW My Sony Xperia dual sim (smart phone) has both on standby at the same time and works great. (When I am on a call, the other sim cannot receive a call simultaneously)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Does anyone know a phone that both sims work simultaneously

What exactly do you want - there's dual SIM standby where both numbers are active but once you receive a call on A then B will go to voicemail until A hangs up.

Then theres dual SIM active, where you can call on A and B at the same time (think a three way call). These burn battery a good bit faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Dual Sim is Dual SIM Standby,Call active on one sim card.

Nokia 3310 Dual SIM Settings
    Select Menu > > Connectivity > Dual SIM.
    To choose which SIM to use for calls, select Call, switch Always ask to Off, and select Preferred SIM.
    To choose which SIM to use for messages, select Messaging, switch Always ask to Off, and select Preferred SIM.
    To choose which SIM to use for mobile data, switch Mobile data connection to On, and select Mobile data > Preferred SIM.

Customize Nokia 3310 Dual SIM

Get the most out of your 2 SIM cards. If you forward your calls between your SIMs, when someone calls you on one SIM while you’re having a call on the other, you can manage your calls from both SIMs just like with only one SIM. Make sure you have 2 SIM cards inserted in your phone.
    Select Menu > > SIM numbers.
    Type in the numbers of your both SIMs.
    Depending on how you want to forward the calls when one of your SIMs is out of reach or busy, select Between two SIMs, From SIM1 to SIM2, or From SIM2 to SIM1.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Be aware, some phones that offer dual sim may only do both sims at 2G or 3G, even if single sim is 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

the_syco wrote: »
    Be aware, some phones that offer dual sim may only do both sims at 2G or 3G, even if single sim is 4G.

That is for the bogie ones for the real ones its fine, its easy to spot the difference between both real and fake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Argos stock dual SIM phones that are sim free. The new Nokia 3 or 5 are decently priced.
    They also had the new 3310 SIM free, but limited stock. Seems to be selling quickly.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Dual Sim is Dual SIM Standby,Call active on one sim card.

Nokia 3310 Dual SIM Settings
    Select Menu > > Connectivity > Dual SIM.
    To choose which SIM to use for calls, select Call, switch Always ask to Off, and select Preferred SIM.
    To choose which SIM to use for messages, select Messaging, switch Always ask to Off, and select Preferred SIM.
    To choose which SIM to use for mobile data, switch Mobile data connection to On, and select Mobile data > Preferred SIM.

Customize Nokia 3310 Dual SIM

Get the most out of your 2 SIM cards. If you forward your calls between your SIMs, when someone calls you on one SIM while you’re having a call on the other, you can manage your calls from both SIMs just like with only one SIM. Make sure you have 2 SIM cards inserted in your phone.
    Select Menu > > SIM numbers.
    Type in the numbers of your both SIMs.
    Depending on how you want to forward the calls when one of your SIMs is out of reach or busy, select Between two SIMs, From SIM1 to SIM2, or From SIM2 to SIM1.

Thats good information. Well Done.

Advertisement