Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are the juinor cert results done on Wednesday?

Options
  • 13-09-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

I was on the bus home at about 8pm and the bus was absolutely crammed with junior cert students swigging drink and making a ****ing racket. Who gives the results on a Wednesday evening on a school night? And why are clubs and the like doing junior cert results nights for it? Isn't school on tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Keep your eyes on the road sailor.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They aren't given on a wednesday evening, rather a wednesday morning, what day you prefer caller?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Stop pretending that you didn't know it was JC results night. It's the only reason you're out in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

On the radio today....Gardai will be breathalysing junior cert students tonight.

Gardai: You're 3 times over the drink drive limit
    Drunk student: I'm not driving....
    Gardai: ....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,215 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's about two days in the senior cycle of secondary school that might be wasted the results day that they might have off and the following day when they might be a bit sleepy. I'm sure they'll get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It's about two days in the senior cycle of secondary school that might be wasted the results day that they might have off and the following day when they might be a bit sleepy. I'm sure they'll get over it.

If they Japanese they would glance at their results between their theoretical physics and advanced maths classes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

On the radio today....Gardai will be breathalysing junior cert students tonight.

Gardai: You're 3 times over the drink drive limit
    Drunk student: I'm not driving....
    Gardai: ....

It was night clubs who were hosting alcohol free events that stated that. They intended to reject anyone who had been drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

So they are forced to turn up for school on the Thursday or Friday.

If they were handed out on Friday lunchtime, it would be carnage for 48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

So they'll have tired themselves out by the weekend, and I can get blackout drunk in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

In addition to the fact that parents won't allow them go too wild as a result of the weekday, maybe there's also a higher risk of statutory rape and whatnot if they were loitering around town on a Friday night, along with much older men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Hammer89 wrote: »
    In addition to the fact that parents won't allow them go too wild as a result of the weekday, maybe there's also a higher risk of statutory rape and whatnot if they were loitering around town on a Friday night, along with much older men.

George, is that you!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Dunno who that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,215 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Dunno who that is.

Making an educated guess I'd say George Hook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    So they are forced to turn up for school on the Thursday or Friday.

If they were handed out on Friday lunchtime, it would be carnage for 48 hours

Also gives venues a chance to make some extra cash on an otherwise quite Wednesday.

They worked somewhat hard or on and off for three years, they deserve a night out for it. Also think the breathalyser thing is a good idea.

Advertisement