Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing hyperlink in Outlook 2013

Options
  • 13-09-2017 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

For some reason, I cannot edit hyperlinks in Outlook 2013. The Edit Hyperlink option is greyed out when I right click on the link. It works in Word 2013 but not Outlook. It also works in an earlier version of Outlook but not 2013. It is obviously a settings issue - can anyone help or advise if is there a way around this?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Hyperlinks disabled if your set to compile messages as plain text. Check File-Options in "Outlook options" windows select Mail tab, check what setting is under " Compose messages in this format:" . Change to HTML
    Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Hyperlinks disabled if your set to compile messages as plain text. Check File-Options in "Outlook options" windows select Mail tab, check what setting is under " Compose messages in this format:" . Change to HTML
    Hope it helps

Thanks smuggler - will check this out later. The interesting thing about this is that the actual link works but you cannot rename the link. I think also it may be related to the fact that I was replying to an email sent from an iphone - perhaps something to do with format or operating system disable some facility or other?

Advertisement