Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Urban EV Concept

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Or a modern take on a Peugeot 205. Very cool looking car. Hope it makes it into production.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

the Honda

Management
    " oh God were miles behind in this EV thing, quick release some 3D mockups to convince the shareholders and public were know what we are doing and try and look cool and smart at the same time "

Marketing

" Whaaat, who dreamed this up , quick knock out some fancy prose and marketing speak " , " got to look cool and with it " " lets call it Urban EV " ( as to why an urban EV needs 200 mile range !!!)

Engineering
    "Sh!te", " what ", " they want it in 2019", " what" , what idiot dreamed this up, no one told us anything " ,"Bill, Bill ......."

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

unkel wrote: »
    Or a modern take on a Peugeot 205. Very cool looking car. Hope it makes it into production.

My first thoughts. 205 all day long.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Has anyone else noticed that it has a gorilla like face?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Google Honda N360. I believe this is where the styling cues are coming from.

Honda, between cars, motorbikes, lawn mowers, generators etc is the biggest manufacturer of internal combustion engines world wide. They've a lot to lose from the death of the ICE.

Having said that they're usually late to the game but have traditionally shown lateral thinking, so I'd be thinking whatever they come out with will be different, but also very good. NSX anyone?

Although it's also worth noting that they proved hydrogen fuel cells were the way to go, except they weren't. A costly gamble they seem to have gotten wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I also remember reading an interview with the guy that designed their first diesel engine (which got them around 130 patents). He was asked could they have built a diesel engine which spun to 9000 rpm (Honda were famous for revvy 4 cylinders). He answered "yes, of course, but nobody wants one".

Unfortunately this shows the group mentality that goes on in the mainstream market and ultimately the homoginisation of car building, including Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Honda already launched an EV in the US last month (and it's not their first):

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2017-honda-clarity-electric/preview/

EPA range is only 89 miles (143km), not bad for a "mid-size" with a 25.5 kWh battery, but I guess they wanted to keep costs down - the yanks like big, cheap cars (things like the Toyota Camry, which are sale-proof in Europe).

Advertisement