Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nintendo 3DS XL

Options
  • 13-09-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi All
    Thinking of getting the girlfriend a "New Nintendo 3DS XL" for Christmas this year. I know its quite an old machine at this stage, just wondering is it still worth getting? Still see there are plenty of new games being released on it, does it have much of a future? 
    Not going to go for the switch as she is not a hardcore gamer and I already have an Xbox One, so don't need another console. But if the 3DS is on the way out and not worth it these days, I might change my mind.
    All advice welcome! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I would go with the Switch, simply because it's a console and a handheld. Anything that'll be on the 3DS going forward i'd imagine will be on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The Nintendo 3DS library is absolutely amazing and she'll be able to pick up loads of brilliant games for cheap. If I were in your position I'd be going with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭coffey87

Ya the amount of games available for the 3DS is swinging me, apparently some really good ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

if she's into pokemon i'd nearly still go for the 3ds or even just the 2ds xl
    as the only Pokemon game coming for the switch in the near future is a fighting one

the 2ds xl is only €150~ and plays all the games just without the 3d effect

theres also a really nice pokemon version coming out soon

https://www.slashgear.com/pokemon-themed-2ds-xl-launching-in-time-for-ultrasun-and-ultramoon-14500191/

Advertisement