Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entropy

Options
  • 12-09-2017 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Since a finite universe is an isolated system, the Second Law of Thermodynamics states that its total entropy is constantly increasing. It has been speculated, since the 19th century, that the universe is fated to a heat death in which all the energy ends up as a homogeneous distribution of thermal energy, so that no more work can be extracted from any source.

In other words the universe will eventually become a cold dark void of nothingness.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Untoik6c_gs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

In other words the universe will eventually become a cold dark void of nothingness.:)

Nietzsche is still a depressing dude

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Thank you Nick.

Next up, the man who ate a diet of just burnt toast and lived to a 101! ...the story of a real life Winne the Pooh who loves to eat honey!!! And finally 'Man finds missing puzzle piece forty two years after he first started it, then has heart attack and dies'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Thank you Nick.

Next up, the man who ate burnt toast and lived to a 101! And ...the story of a real life Winne the Pooh who loves to eat honey!!!

I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

What about the macro-verse? I'm sure the turtle will look after us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I do.

What do you with the extra honey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I do.

One boyne every minute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

What do you with the extra honey?

I have kids now and have to give them some. Never have kids.

2nd law of thermodynamics is a pile of ****e..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Since a finite universe is an isolated system, the Second Law of Thermodynamics states that its total entropy is constantly increasing. It has been speculated, since the 19th century, that the universe is fated to a heat death in which all the energy ends up as a homogeneous distribution of thermal energy, so that no more work can be extracted from any source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Untoik6c_gs

Have you tried blasting it with pi55 OP?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Is the universe definitely an isolated system then yea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Don't worry god will step in and sort it all out. Just say your prayers and go to mass like a good lad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

bluewolf wrote: »
    Is the universe definitely an isolated system then yea

What more order could you get than a singular isolated system?

True entropy means an infinite number of isolated universes.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

Since a finite universe is an isolated system, the Second Law of Thermodynamics states that its total entropy is constantly increasing. ........

A poster over on the EV forum denies that the laws of thermodynamics apply to EVs

Will he live forever ?

Advertisement