Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impractical Jokers. Do you like them or not?

Options
  • 12-09-2017 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Me I do not. I do not find anything they do the slightest bit funny. I think they are just a bunch of immature idiots trying to be funny and instead they just look immature a stupid. I certainly would not pay 70 euros to go see them. I can think of better ways to spend 70 euros.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I occasionally watch them on d'telly. They're a bit of average slapstick, fine for when there's little else on to take my fancy.

Pay €70 to see them? Not a hope in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

They annoy the feck outta me on the telly. No way would I pay 70euro to see them. Not even if I got paid 70euro. Maybe 700.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

What exactly do they do on stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Have no idea what you're talking about. There's often something blissful about being past it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Sometimes theyre too immature and I cringe but some of their gags have me laughing out loud which barely ever happens when I watch tv
    Pay for them? I dont understand how their type of comedy act would work at a scheduled event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I liked some of the episodes from the first couple of series. After that it seemed to get fake. For instance that idiot being scared shitless of a man in a cat suit because he's allergic to cats. No one can be that moronic.

I certainly wouldn't pay to see them. The way they act towards each other and those 'punishments' are the least funny thing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I do like it. I don't really follow it by series or anything but I thought the last few times that I saw it, it was losing it a bit. They must be recognised by people too now and I'm not sure what they do on stage.

I like joke shows like that though. I really loved Trigger Happy and Naked Camera. Not sure if it would be put in the same class but Dennis Pennis was also very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't go out of my way to watch it but sometimes it can be really funny. The guy Joe is by far the best of them especially in performance roles. Some of it most definitely has to be fake though.

That said not sure how it works as a stage performance? Doubt I'd pay to go see it either way.

But yes, I would say overall I like the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Really enjoyed them in their early shows as it was a lot more off the cuff. Saw them in the 3 arena and it was ok. It was their Tenderloins show so it was always gonna be different to the telly show. I wont pay to see them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I cringe immediately when I come across them on TV, I am physically compelled to change the channel again.

I can only imagine the mongs who'd go to see them live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I actually really like the show and often watch it if I happen to see it on TV, though I don't watch the actual TV much. I think they are highly entertaining and often have me laughing out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Love the TV show. Huge fan of it and the guys in general, and most episodes get a good few laughs each time. Some bits are just pure classic.

That being said, would in me arse pay €70 to see them live. I've seen some recordings of some live shows they did in America (usually shown as Impractical Jokers Specials in America), and while there might be a few laughs, not enough to spend that much seeing them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Absolutely love it

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

I can't stand them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I thought the thread would be about practical jokers in general and that the OP had just made a mistake with the title of the thread.

But it turns out that there is a group with a TV show and a live show, all of which I was oblivious to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I've never actively watched them, would catch 5/10 mins when channel flicking.
    They're hit and miss, when they're good though, I find them cringey out of awkwardness (e.g. the massage episode) so I turn off anyway.

They've been pretty open about getting recognised during skits not too, so the logical conclusion is that it's heavily edited and often set up.

I fail to see how a stage show would work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭thomasj

Sounds like I'm lucky not to have come across them on the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its like Mrs Browns Boys, except its worse and even more cringey.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Its like Mrs Browns Boys, except its worse and even more cringey.

Ah come on, even if you don't like it you're completely misrepresenting it with a comparison to Mrs Browns Boys. It's like comparing Lost to The Big Bang Theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lo_La

Love it! seem to be in the minority though! Wouldn't pay to go see them though can't imagine the live show would be much good?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

This would have been a hit like 25 years ago.

I can't for the life of me understand how they're successful with it now. An unoriginal tired and dated concept for a tv programme.

Especially in the internet era, where literally hundreds of pranksters are providing free and superior content every week on the likes of Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I could not stand "How Low can You Go" when it was on and "Impractical Jokers" makes that look like 5 star Television.

So a no from me.

This would have been a hit like 25 years ago.

I can't for the life of me understand how they're successful with it now. An unoriginal tired and dated concept for a tv programme.

Especially in the internet era, where literally hundreds of pranksters are providing free and superior content every week on the likes of Youtube.

Part of why I think it works so well is that it's not just playing pranks on the public, but they're essentially pranking each other too. It's not just the reaction of the public, but the reaction of the guys when they're told what they have to do and while doing it, and also the reaction of the guys behind the camera at what's happening. But unless you like the guys involved and their sense of humour, then you're not going to find it funny (for example I think Q and Joe by far come up with the best material for the others to do/say and they're usually the funnier moments).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

The incessant, incredibly irritating cackling of the others behind the scenes makes this show completely unwatchable.

Advertisement