Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P10 Plus: no notification sound when WhatsApp messages arrive

Options
  • 12-09-2017 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a Huawei P10 Plus new phone, purchased about 7 weeks ago.
    It has some flaws, but overall it is a rather good phone.
    What is driving me crazy lately is that when I receive a new WhatsApp message the phone does not chime the sound I have chosen. The sound I would like to hear is an MP3 sound that I had added to the library and it worked for weeks until a few days ago. The only notification I get is the vibration (too weak to be heard sometimes).
    I checked into the settings yesterday and found that the sound for the notifications had been disabled. I restored it, the first message after this action was perfectly notified, the other messages after this came in silent. I checked again, the chosen sound is still enabled.
    Is it a known problem? Is there a way to fix it?
    Thanks a lot!

Advertisement