Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking to buy petrol RC plane

• 12-09-2017 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I been wanting to buy a petrol RC plane for a while but all seems very complicated! I cant seem to find a place that sells it ready to fly? Im looking to get my hands on a all ready built that has everything i need to just go out and fly.

With that said, i am open to suggestions as to where i can find decent sites to even buy the parts needed to get her up and running.

I am indeed a beginner with petrol type planes but i am not a beginner flying them. I had many electric planes and can fly them at ease.

My budget is somewhere around 300 mark? I can increase this if needed. I dont exactly know how much this will cost to get me up and running. The cheaper the better starting off and then i can upgrade in the future when i am happy soaring through the skies!

If someone can point out someone who can sell already to go? Or even sites that supplies everything i need to get me running? Perhaps a Check list?

I dont want to be the one seeking spoon fed help but sadly i dont want to go out buying everything i think will fit, and work and find out i bought 5 servos when i only needed 2 or completely wrong parts all together!

Really appreciate it!

Hope you can help a newbie out.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭ozmo

Maybe keep an eye on Adverts.ie ?
    You need a lot of bits and bobs that could add up to a lot -
    RC gear, starter battery, starter motor, fuel, spare glow plugs, plane, servos and spares.

They can sell second hand very cheaply as a whole kit (sometimes less than 100).

or this site is popular
    https://hobbyking.com

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Are you looking for petrol engine plane or do you simply mean a "non electric plane" e.g. a nitro plane ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Petrol engine models would tend to be a bit larger than the glowfuel (with or without nitro added). The petrol engines are a lot heavier and need bigger more solid airframes, which take longer runways to slow down and accelerate on.
    But they work just fine once you get to that level. Very long flight times.

Advertisement