Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional A licence

Options
  • 11-09-2017 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi All,

Quick question....

Recently passed my A2 licence and have a provisional A now as i'm 26, what are the restrictions on the provisional A? or what types of bike could I buy?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

you need to do an A IBT to get any benefit out of the A provisional

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Gazza09

you need to do an A IBT to get any benefit out of the A provisional

Now that you say it, it makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Yeah think its module 5 you need to take , you can drive any CC bike you want then providing insurance etc can be sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

Pet peeve of mine... Provisional licence hasn't existed in years, it's a learner permit.

Category A is unrestricted so you can buy and ride any bike. Getting insurance on it is the stumbling block.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Colm17RvB wrote: »
    Pet peeve of mine... Provisional licence hasn't existed in years, it's a learner permit.

It's weird!! We haven't had provisional licences since 2006 iirc but you still get younglings starting out calling learner permits provisionals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

cantdecide wrote: »
    It's weird!! We haven't had provisional licences since 2006 iirc but you still get younglings starting out calling learner permits provisionals.

We joined the metric system in the 70s yet most people still talk about stones, pound, yard and feet. If we can't get passed that then there is no hope.

Advertisement