Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Balbriggan

Options
  • 11-09-2017 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Just moved to Balbriggan and finding it very hard to get WIFI. Living in the Clonard Court area, and I cant find a decent provider. Best I seem to be getting is the same as the dial up years ago!! Can anyone help please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm up on the north end of the town using Virgin- should be available in most of the town. Have you given them a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ashleighc2013

Yes, as well as - Eir,Vodafone & Sky. Sky had mentioned 80 mbps on fibre, but the house isnt on fibre. Not too sure what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The town is full of VDSL cabs, 80Mb sounds appropriate.
    We can offer you the following great value bundles.
    We checked 57 Clonard Court, Balbriggan, Dublin

Not your address? Start again.

Speeds of up to 90Mb are available at your home.

Not sure what your problem is, pick a provider and order.

Sky had mentioned 80 mbps on fibre, but the house isnt on fibre.

Eir can offer 512Kb, I asked when fibre would be coming to the road but they couldn't give me a date.

Where is that offer from that you quoted ?

Eir's website.

Are you checking by address or an existing phone number? Part of the estates or some old building?
    Eir can offer 512Kb, I asked when fibre would be coming to the road but they couldn't give me a date.

That makes no sense. Even ADSL should do better. You're a mere 900m from the exch.

• Advertisement

I just checked, our address is 62 Clonard court. Up to 60 Clonard Court you can get 90mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

I just checked, our address is 62 Clonard court. Up to 60 Clonard Court you can get 90mb.

Is number 60 next door by any chance? Maybe you could work out a deal with them to use their wi-fi

Yeah going to have too, all the houses around us can get 80-100 mb judging by the map on Eir.

I strongly suspect thats an error in the APQ.

If I were you I would order and then cancel within 14 days if what turns out to be available is insufficient.

Advertisement