Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bday Present for GF - Advice :-)

Options
  • 11-09-2017 12:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Hey ladies,

I met this fantastic woman this year and she's the love of my life, we are currently in a long distance relationship and I will be flying out to her next month for her birthday. We have known each other around 9 months now and I'm giving very serious consideration to proposing Marriage to her soon. She has already dropped a hint of an iPhone for her birthday present but I'm not sure as they are a little expensive and also a bit cliched and I want to get her something memorable. I was thinking to buy her a Gold Claddagh Ring as a symbol of my love to her and maybe deffering her iPhone until Christmas as it will cost me around €900 and I'm already spending around €2,000 on the trip to see her with flights and accommodation. The Christmas trip will cost me over €3k to see her, I love her very much so I'm not complaining as I would travel to the moon and back for the same woman if I had to.

Honestly I'm a bit clueless at this and me and my ex-gf fought alot and didn't exchange presents but I want her day to be wonderful. Possibly like several lower priced gifts or should I go for quantity over quality? She has plenty of her own money and we would be on about a par financially.

Thanks for any advice or help, your a star :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭LushiousLips

Where does she live? You sound so excited and in love, I'm happy for you. I think the claddagh ring is a great present. It's something she'll always have and it's a nice symbol of Ireland too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

She lives and works in Dubai, I want to buy the present in Ireland as the last time I was over there it can be very expensive I found. I am thinking on a Claddagh ring but its so tiny and really small despite probably being expensive. I've seen rings online but I'm also concerned about finger size as once again I'm clueless and I can't just ask her without ruining the surprise. I want to buy it in a proper jewellers shop here however. I'd like to hear what other women have received as birthday gifts or would like to receive so I'd have suggestions.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

mod

Hi op, the ladies lounge charter forbids discussion of what to buy your girlfriend. I've moved your thread to the right place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Well you see the thing about us women is that we are all individuals and like different things. I personally like neither iphones nor rings, so wouldn't think much of a claddagh ring. I like trees and motorbikes, but describing the beautiful acer or fab armoured gloves someone got me for my birthday is no use to you.

Your girlfriend dropped a hint about an iphone for her birthday? Gosh that is something in a new relationship. And lives in Dubai... she sounds like she has expensive taste anyway, so better include the receipt.

I don't know, not to be crass but, are you sure you can afford this relationship? How many times have you seen her in the 9 months?

Advertisement