Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new phone abroad

Options
  • 09-09-2017 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm in France studying for the year and my phone is after becoming useless. It basically no longer takes any charge (and I can't just replace the battery, as its a HTC one m8 and it seems you would need a PhD in engineering to replace the battery in it). Just wondering that if I bought a new phone while over here what the story with my Irish sim card would be. Would I be able to slot it in and use it normally as if the phone was bought in Ireland or would I have to get the phone unlocked or something for the Irish sim to work in it? Also while I'm here I suppose nobody would know of any good sites in France to buy second hand phones (some kind of French version of adverts.ie)?? Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Buy a simfree handset from Amazon.fr and away you go.

Advertisement