Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging phone with European charger

Options
  • 09-09-2017 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I ordered a phone from Amazon in Germany, and it has obviously come with a two pin charger. Is there any issue with plugging this in with a travel adapter long term, or should I be looking at buying a UK plug?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,917 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Once it's rated for 220v then no issues. The vast majority of chargers are 110v to 220v so they can be used worldwide with adapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bonsai_73

Great thanks, I'll check what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Del2005 wrote: »
    Once it's rated for 220v then no issues. The vast majority of chargers are 110v to 220v so they can be used worldwide with adapters.

+1 I bought a Samsung phone from Amazon UK but the supplier was Italian so I knew it would come with a two-pin plug. There's absolutely no problem, in fact it's useful to have one of them when you go on holidays to mainland Europe because it means you don't need a travel adapter.

ff28f58c-d80e-4537-8818-aa210aaaab4f.jpg

Advertisement