Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda cub 90 questions.

Options
  • 08-09-2017 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before but a quick search didn't show up anything.

So I had a bike years ago as a teenager (rg80) but never got a full license. Looking at getting a cub 90 for charity runs etc, not commuting or anything, and would welcome any advice.

Any thoughts on the easiest/fastest way to get the license and would it be worthwhile to go for a license for a bigger bike or would that be more hastle than it's worth? i.e. could I do a weekend training course and hire a bigger bike for the test?
    Wishing I had done the test back in the day.
    I had to jump through hoops to get that new social services card which I need so I can apply for the theory test before I can get a provisional.
    Bearing in mind I've been driving a car for 20 years. 38 years young btw.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You'll most likely have to do the theory test as you had your licence since before the theory test came in. Not sure if the 6 month rule will apply but you'll need IBT. The cost of getting a lower licence is the same as A so may as well get the full fat and have options in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ODubhain82

Definitely have to do the theory test anyway because I need it to get a trailer license for work so I figure I might as well go the whole hog and to the bike test too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

ODubhain82 wrote: »
    Definitely have to do the theory test anyway because I need it to get a trailer license for work so I figure I might as well go the whole hog and to the bike test too.

Different theory tests unfortunately. You need the BW for the trailer and AM for the bike, a few extra questions for the bike but an extra €45 as it's a 2nd test. It would be handy if you could complete both back to back but don't know if it's possible.

Study material is available in your local library.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ODubhain82

Thanks for the info. Hadn't thought of that. Just one more obstacle.

Advertisement