Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

250m of ducting

Options
  • 08-09-2017 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what kind of ball park I would be looking at to get 250m of ducting buried. It'll have to cross the tarmac driveway / laneway twice so assume 10m of tarmac.
    The rest is either grass or stones / dirt.
    Any more info required? It's for a fibre run from the main road. Eir FTTH.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

d31b0y wrote: »
    Just wondering what kind of ball park I would be looking at to get 250m of ducting buried. It'll have to cross the tarmac driveway / laneway twice so assume 10m of tarmac.
    The rest is either grass or stones / dirt.
    Any more info required? It's for a fibre run from the main road. Eir FTTH.

Hi just wondering did you get any quotes for that? I'll need to do the same if I want to get FTTH but sounds like it could be quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Nope, no pricing yet. I am happy with my fixed wireless at the moment so not really pushed to get this sorted to be honest.
    I'll update if I get a price. I'd appreciate it if you did the same.

Nope, no pricing yet. I am happy with my fixed wireless at the moment so not really pushed to get this sorted to be honest.
    I'll update if I get a price. I'd appreciate it if you did the same.

Just to update this, I've heard from a couple of different people that Eir are now offering a service to do the trench/ducting etc. for €250. I emailed openeir about it but its not them, so might try to find someone in Eir that knows about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Let me know how you get on because I asked Eir on the talk to forum and got shot down.

Let me know how you get on because I asked Eir on the talk to forum and got shot down.

I got onto them on the chat on the Eir site but after a while she just told me to dial 1901 and talk to them. A neighbor of mind was definitely offered it - the would dig the trench and lay the ducting for 250 - and I think you could spread the payments over time too, think it was about 18 per month. I might try 1901 at lunchtime if I can. Would be reluctant to get the FTTH while the Fair usage is 1gb though

• Advertisement
Advertisement