Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with furniture store

Options
  • 08-09-2017 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

I purchased a sofa on finance from a furniture store.  It was ordered in July and delivered this week.  The minimum spend to get finance was €1,500 and the cost of the sofa was €1,399, so we had to make up the difference with something else.  We asked for dark oak feet @ €50 extra and also a rug @ €51.
    When the sofa was delivered the feet were light oak and there was no rug.  My wife said it to the delivery men and they said there was no rug on the order and they don't even sell rugs.  They also said the sofa doesn't come with dark oak feet only a choice of light oak and chrome, the sofa on display in the shop had dark oak feet! 
    My wife went up the store straight away and the salesman in the shop reiterated what the delivery men said and as they don't sell rugs we would have got the rug that was on the shop floor!  As we're paying back finance of €1,500 and the goods we received only come to €1,399 we should be compensated for €100 in some way.  My wife was told to contact the head office to sort it out.  I spoke to some manager in the head office the same day and he said to call into the shop and they'll sort it out. Bloody ridiculous being passed around.  My wife rang the shop last night to see if there would be a manager on if we called up but was told to speak to the person in head office who told us to call into the shop.  I emailed head office yesterday evening detailing the above and asked him to sort it out, have yet to get a reply.
    From a consumer point of view what are my options to take this further if they don't sort it out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Surely you have some documentation from when you ordered the goods that should specify exactly what you ordered and paid for.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I have a photo of the order form, for some reason they didn't give me a copy of the form ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You have no receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This makes very little sense. How could a store sell you items they don't, and never did, sell? How did you even pick the rug? If it's on the order form how can they now say they don't sell rugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Id imagine if they were to give you €100 you back theyd be in breach of some kind of money laundering laws. If you are paying for a product through finance then I d imagine you should have a copy of all docs including recipt. Your sofa would need to be €100 dearer or something added to make up the difference to make the min purchase reuirements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

We never got a copy of the order form as the finance wasn't approved until the following day, he said he would forward it on but didn't and then I forgot about it.  Foolish of me to let to go. Called into the store yesterday and the manager (who sold us the sofa) said he'll sort it, he can order a brand new rug from somewhere and get the feet we want.  He was disputing stuff he has said previously.  If I'd known this would happen I would never have bought anything from them, hindsight and all that!
    I'd love to name and shame them if allowed and will do so after it's all sorted.

Advertisement