Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing repeats/ modules

Options
  • 08-09-2017 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys! Waiting to receive my results from my repeat exams over the summer. Expecting to pass them but I definitely have failed two if not 3 modules and Im wondering is it possible to pass onto third year through extenuating circumstances? I dont at all expect special treatment from the college but my dad passed away last year and I found it extremely difficult to find the motivation to do well in college this year. Would really appreciate some info as I desperately do not want to fail the year and repeat :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Some of the results are out now. Hopefully you'll have got better news than you were expecting.

I think this really depends on the school/department. The School of Media stopped allowing the carrying forward of modules because people were getting to the end of their final year with modules still outstanding, and so not graduating.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

orla2020 wrote: »
    Hey guys! Waiting to receive my results from my repeat exams over the summer. Expecting to pass them but I definitely have failed two if not 3 modules and Im wondering is it possible to pass onto third year through extenuating circumstances? I dont at all expect special treatment from the college but my dad passed away last year and I found it extremely difficult to find the motivation to do well in college this year. Would really appreciate some info as I desperately do not want to fail the year and repeat :(

have you tried compensation if you performed well in one module marks my be transferred to the failed module to help you pass but not sure how you even go about this or if it is even true anybody out there used this ??

Advertisement