Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turning steel shed into chalet ??

Options
  • 07-09-2017 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi , i have a 11 yr old steeltech shed 30' x 20' , basic insulation , i want to turn it into a chalet/man cave with a tv , pool table , bedroom etc. Can this be done without breaking the bank ?
    Condensation in winter is bad , this is my main concern . I'm reluctant to sell it and put up new heavily insulated shed because I simply can't afford to , the shed was used as storage but is now just a family gym ..
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated .
    Thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Tefral

you could batten it out yourself and line it with 62.5mm insulated plasterboard?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Might be an idea to spray foam the shell first?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Tefral wrote: »
    you could batten it out yourself and line it with 62.5mm insulated plasterboard?
    tradesman wrote: »
    Might be an idea to spray foam the shell first?
    Given that this is a single skin metal structure, Where is the due point, if internal insulation is installed?
    leisurewow wrote: »
    Condensation in winter is bad .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 leisurewow

BryanF wrote: »
    Given that this is a single skin metal structure, Where is the due point, if internal insulation is installed?

The factory fitted 'insulation' in the shed is basically just a very thin felt glued or whatever onto the steel walls and roof panels .

The walls and cieling panels aren't completely flat , corrugated , could i spray foam to fill to flat surface then add sheets of insulation ?

I'm still concerned with condensation .

If the walls and cieling end up being 5" thick that's fine with me if it does the job .

If anyone's down in kerry and could have a look and advise i'd pay their time . I dont want to do it all and balls it up .

Advertisement