Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City

Options
  • 07-09-2017 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Beware of Power City. Bought a Walker Smart TV there and have had to bring it back 4 times in the 22 months I have owned it. All for different faults! even though they clearly sold me a dud product they would not allow me credit against a better TV. Nor would they extend the guarantee which is only for 24 months. They are happy for customers to get left high and dry with dodgy products and no guarantee!! Avoid Powercity and Walker Smart TVs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭goodlad

Tbh it doesn't sound like they have done anything wrong here. They repaired it each time i assume?

They are under no obligation to extend the warranty, but regardless your consumer rights will still apply for future issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BaBM78

goodlad wrote: »
    Tbh it doesn't sound like they have done anything wrong here. They repaired it each time i assume?

They are under no obligation to extend the warranty, but regardless your consumer rights will still apply for future issues.

Hi thanks for your response. They "repared" it but it still is not working. What are these rights you are referring to?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

BaBM78 wrote: »
    Hi thanks for your response. They "repared" it but it still is not working. What are these rights you are referring to?

You have rights to make a claim for manufacturing defects for 6 years. Guarantees/warranties are extras provided optionally by retailers/manufactuers as an addition to your consumer rights.

Next time there's a failure, take a small claims case against Powercity. From experiences related on here, they won't turn up and you'll get the value on the receipt; even if they do its likely you'll get a substantial amount of the cost of the TV which should buy an equivalent now due to the constant decrease in prices.

And don't buy a rebrander TV next time if you can - Walker, Bush, Alba, Grundig, Sharp and others are either Turkish or Slovakian gear with a sticker on the front - the companies with said sticker do not make TVs at all. Much better chance of it surviving.

Advertisement